Marc Jacobs Stella Bag

angel said:
judge Luna has spoken! :P

i always wanted a venetia in sap green, but my bf ridiculed it so that he made me doubt myself..which in a way i'm glad he did cuz the reason i found Balenciaga was that i decided to wait on the venetia

i bought my mother one for her bday. It is a beautiful bag. My second fav after the stella. She absolutely loves it.

i just found out that marc isn't doing the stella for f/w 05 in smooth leather...they're only doing a quilted leather one with gold hardware and chain handles. it retails for $1300 and comes in cream, black, taupe and bordeaux.

the taupe looks like this (this is also what the chain handle looks like:(

p10856777_ph_hero.jpg

i can't see this variation on the stella doing well...the chain handles make the bag even heavier, and i imagine it would be hard to carry once it's full.

the venetia comes in quilted leather and smooth leather...both have gold hardware; the smooth comes in brick red, ivory, olive, black and taupe.

ablfty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
kimair said:
i just found out that marc isn't doing the stella for f/w 05 in smooth leather...they're only doing a quilted leather one with gold hardware and chain handles. it retails for $1300 and comes in cream, black, taupe and bordeaux. QUOTE]

Wow, that sounds kinda strange with the Stella. I'm curious to see what it'll look like. I imagine that chain handle being painful on the shoulder seeing how heavy the bag is already, but who knows. Maybe with this quilted leather it won't be so heavy. Hmmmm. :unsure:

the Marc Jacobs quilted bag is nice!

Attachments

• MJ_beige.jpg
    MJ_beige.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 3
  • MJ_green.jpg
    MJ_green.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 3
  • MJ_quilted_s.jpg
    MJ_quilted_s.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 4
E0470825922694_v1_m56577569831126307.jpg

What do you guys think of this bag? I love it. Its $1400 though.

E0470875650943_v1_m56577569831084179.jpg

The small Selma is cute too. Its $1100. The color is Buff. Looks pink to me. Which would you choose?

I :heart: the adina. I love the whole drummed leather collection. The price=:shock: :cry: :blink:

Selma is nice too, but for me, doesnt have that wow, instant love factor that I get from a lot of his other designs.

I thought the same thing of the price. They seem a bit high compared to the other styles. Maybe his whole fall collection has gone up? :cry:

kylie80 said:
I :heart: the adina. I love the whole drummed leather collection. The price=:shock: :cry: :blink:

What exactly does drummed leather mean? I saw the same bag and touched it and it was hard.....so then I looked on the tag to see what kind of leather they used and it was GOAT. Same as Balenciaga. I know they distress the heck of the B bags, but I was always under the assumption that the leather started out thin, and not hard like that...

mammab said:
What exactly does drummed leather mean? I saw the same bag and touched it and it was hard.....so then I looked on the tag to see what kind of leather they used and it was GOAT. Same as Balenciaga. I know they distress the heck of the B bags, but I was always under the assumption that the leather started out thin, and not hard like that...

I think it is a mixer or pot or something that they stick the leather and oils in and it does something to the texture, just a guess, I really dont know. :blush: I am a little horrified that is was hard, when some places are claiming it is buttersoft :blink:

Goats!? ugh, that is just weird. I didnt realize goats were now purses. I am still getting used to deer purses.

i think you should get the white/beigeish color.

it's simple and not too depressing but very sophisticated.

i have one

here's a pic of the quilted stella (from barneys.com)

1_59255_ZM.jpg

aspen i like the adina better than the small selma, but $1400 is way expensive for that bag...

What about this Marc Jacobs stella bag?? Object: 6795697361 its for sale in the U.K and an indigo colour that i love but what do you guys think??

Attachments

• 19_1_b.jpg
    19_1_b.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 79_1_b.jpg
    79_1_b.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 4
i like the indigo color, but not crazy about the red stitching/lining...

i don't know... i rather like the original stella rather than the quilted stella

it's just me

Alejandra said:
But have you ever seen that bag? Do you reckon it looks athentic?

i think that it looks authentic, i dont love the red stiching, but the red lining is pretty cute...

I just got the MJ quilted satchel in black (shown in post #62 and the bottom photo of #64). I love it! The lining is a beautiful wine suede, and I like the option of taking off the metal chain and having a nice hand-carried satchel, or using the chain, which makes it look more edgy.

I'm not sure about the quilted Stella, though. I guess I may be biased, as I am a huge fan of the Stella and have both the original brass buckled version in plum and a "new Stella" with the brushed nickle pushlocks in black. The quilted version, with the chain handle, just doesn't seem like as good a bag. The reason I love the Stella so much is that it really is an incredible everyday work bag.

youngprof said:
I just got the MJ quilted satchel in black (shown in post #62 and the bottom photo of #64). I love it! The lining is a beautiful wine suede, and I like the option of taking off the metal chain and having a nice hand-carried satchel, or using the chain, which makes it look more edgy.

I'm not sure about the quilted Stella, though. I guess I may be biased, as I am a huge fan of the Stella and have both the original brass buckled version in plum and a "new Stella" with the brushed nickle pushlocks in black. The quilted version, with the chain handle, just doesn't seem like as good a bag. The reason I love the Stella so much is that it really is an incredible everyday work bag.

congrats! I was surprised how big that satchel is. did you get the pebbled (or "ice" leather as mj calls it) or the smooth?

LilyGirl said:
congrats! I was surprised how big that satchel is. did you get the pebbled (or "ice" leather as mj calls it) or the smooth?

The pebbled leather. I really like it, very vintage-y looking, and yet the brass hardware is very modern looking, so I like that contrast. And yes, the satchel is a pretty large bag!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->