Marchesa - what do you think?

Marchesa is a great brand and has some lovely pieces but I find it unoriginal in some of its designs

yes exactly- the underlying design isn't fantastic. It's just regurgitated elements from fantasy dresses/barbie spectacular.

I learnt the russian term "wedding cake design" (in reference to the paradoxically ostentatious grandeur of the Stalinist era) and Marchesa fits the bill pretty well. Frothy, frilly, sparkles and spangles.

I mean it's not unpleasant, but imo no real artistry.

Anyway, Georgina always looks nice :flower:

Besides the fact that I find their designs to be heavy and overdone (the lack of any creativity or originality isn't what bothers me most about the line), I absolutely HATE that they have a habit of leaving the hems on their dresses too long for their presentations. It's one thing if, for the sake of presentation, you leave the hem of a flowing, sylph-like skirt to puddle on the floor. But their designs could hardly be described as being fluid, and the effect of tulle or faille or whatever else they use just looks unfinished and unprofessional to me, not to mention sloppy. It irks me like you can't even imagine.

00230m.jpg
00250m.jpg

00040m.jpg
00220m.jpg

00230m.jpg
23m.jpg

style.com

i agree, they are so far from delivering couture. the dresses are gorgeous but the finishings are unprofessional looking nonetheless. its the sloppy chic look maybe? haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->