Sarah Jessica Parker Named President and Chief Creative Officer at Halston

That's some serious responsibilities, right?

I just would like to know how this kind of thing is brought. Like, do they just call her and go "Hi doll, do you wanna become Halston's CCO?" :huh: What did she do to deserve this title? Don't get me wrong, I like her and hope she'll be successful in what she'll do for the brand, but this kind of thing always surprise me (to say the least). Is that what fashion is going to become? Just give quite big responsibilities to some celebs so that'll put the brand in the spotlight and create "buzz", and let's wait and see if people buy the products? That's pretty sad...

^well she did launch a fragrance line out of whole cloth. also, she runs a production company. further, she did have a clothing line with that discount retailer (until that retailer filed bankruptcy, i think?). finally, she has relationships in new york deeper than most industry folk what with her vogue collaborations -- she's been on the cover how many times? and buys how many pages for her fragrance most months? -- bravo collaborations and network of friends on broadway, television, and movies, she'll be able to get this brand exposure pretty quickly.

i would think that her business credibility fashion wise would be shattered by her "bitten" line for steve and barry's. firstly, steve and barry's never made any money. they only paid SJP a giant up-front fee. Some business analysts said the company was run like a ponzi scheme. for SJP to get involved with a company like that is foolish.

some of her fragrances have sold an enormous amount of money ie. lovely. but then again some of her fragrances have been discontinued ie. "covet".

if she did a fashion line with patricia field now that would be interesting...

That sound you hear is Roy Frowick spinning in his grave....:blink:

i would think that her business credibility fashion wise would be shattered by her "bitten" line for steve and barry's. firstly, steve and barry's never made any money. they only paid SJP a giant up-front fee. Some business analysts said the company was run like a ponzi scheme. for SJP to get involved with a company like that is foolish.

some of her fragrances have sold an enormous amount of money ie. lovely. but then again some of her fragrances have been discontinued ie. "covet".

if she did a fashion line with patricia field now that would be interesting...

we all know that houses of all stripes subsist on fragrance sales and accessories. we know that sjp is good for both of those. now, the fashion piece? she can hire a decent enough designer -- hey, they have marios schwab (sp?) -- and as long as she wears it and gets her network of friends to wear it, it'll sell. it's really not that difficult seeing as halston is a namebrand that immediately conjures a marketable image.

eww!!!!!! bad news. SJP has people that dress her well but that doesn't mean that she, by herself, can wear good clothes not does that mean that she can create clothes! how stupid ¬¬

Another dismal NYC company with revolving doors.
Like Perry Ellis, Bill Blass and Anne Klein etc, they just throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks. It's all about a quick buck and if it isn't there then next...
These conglomerates don't have any clue of fashion's inner workings and treat it like any other commodity.
Hilco Consumer Capital. The name really says it all doesn't it?
They have Polaroid, Linen n' things, Ellen tracy, Caribbean Joe...and Halston.
Good luck.

Has Sarah Jessica ever worn Halston?

Yes in deed! Throughout the six seasons of Sex and the City and in new up coming sequel the white dress in her poster is Halston. Vintage to be exact.

^ Which is to say 'real'...as in genius, ahead of his time...tragic...:(

Honestly i really like Halston under Zannini . SJP does have a lot a of clout , but wont her name over shadow Halston??? It looks all about the profit and not about the art .

I have a friend who's interning at Halston, i gotta get some inside scoop!

The parent company also owns polaroid? Lady Gaga was just put as created director of that brand and now Halston and SJP. They are really banking on celebrity.

i know that this is rather late....but....eww!!
nothing against SJP as a person but this is really a-la-lohan!

I've lost track..who is running and owns the company now? Weren't they in financial trouble recently? :unsure:

But WHY??? She's not even a friggin designer...she's going to ruin the Halston name!

sigh

Can't these people stay within their profession and let actual people run fashion companies and such, i.e: me (seeing I am studying and was born in the industry).

Next person that lets a celebrity run or do their own designs under a fashion house or brand, please slap them!

I am fine with the Olsen twins with their own stuff seeing they have "been" doing this stuff since they were younger.

I would be greatly insulted if I were a designer or studying fashion...what a joke! It's that easy huh?? That's why people spend half their lives studying and developing their skills!! Jeeze... :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->