Marni S/ S 05

runner

Reaction score
marni01.jpg

marni04.jpg

marni09.jpg

marni10.jpg

can't wait to see more. thanks for posting runner. don't like the big green stiped dress but loving the rest. love the pale eyes.

she is very much developing what she did in the last two seasons. not sure I am fond of the new length she is doing. the colours are great. i love the eau de nil shade. thanks again runner!

you're welcome helena

Marni: The World’s Least Worried Brand

September 28, 2004 - Milan

Fashion people are often accused of frivolity and a lack of interest in the real world, an accusation that one could level against Marni, the wonderful Italian stands for insoussiance and an unworried view of the world.

The rather beautiful collection Marni showed here Tuesday morning was a brilliant exercise in creating a world devoid of angst, imagining one given over to pure beauty. Marni’s deisgner Consuelo Castiglioni has the sunniest disposition of any designer I know and her joy at life breathes out of her clothes.

From the opening looks of playful chequered skirts cut to the knee worn with coopery silk blouses and superbly cut linen jackets and coats with Raglan sleeves, the mood was upbeat and superbly chic. Marni is certainly not a householed name, but word up to the uninitiated, Marni is practically the favorite brand of hundreds of top editors and fashion stylists.

Shown with curved wedges with post hippie finishes, cloth belts sown with crystals, and soft antique brooches, the mood was vintage yet so new. Note to trend setters, if the classic brooch is the must-have accessory of this fall, then next spring make sure it comes in feathers of soft fabrics.

Marni is a subtle phenomena, and its show can be a tad hit a miss. If a silk crumpled faille sheath could look a mess on Karen Elson, then a moment later a similar version was simply superb on Daria Werbowy. Make that a fashion moment, as fashion’s most graceful model swept by in a dress in practically the same hue as her beautiful silver blue eyes.

Few things summed up this colleciton better that the soundtrack, a series of versions of the Beatles classic “Here Comes the Sun.” A tune that suddenly, and unexpectedly brought reality back into the Milan showrrom, for wasn’t one of the tracks sung by none other than Cat Stevens. One of the greatest pop baladeers of the past forty years, Stevens when he was refused entry into the United States, last week by immigration officials. Now when stupid white men re-route a London to New York flight because a man has decided to become a Moslem, then even fashionistas take note.

FWD

she is a ray of sunshine in a grim world.

even though I hate the platforms and I find it quite repetitive, I'm liking it a lot ^_^

:heart: the colours
I like where she's going with this collection, while still keeping a soft look to the designs :flower:

As I supsected, I like it :crush: can't wait to see some more

i absolutely :wub: this collection -- i mean i seriously think consuelo got back to her roots at marni...that eclectic boho mix she does looks so right and yet there was development (those gowns!! :blush: )

it's pratically perfect, the layering is superb and i look foward to seeing her stuff every season and the menswear she does is divive

it's pratically perfect, the layering is superb and i look foward to seeing her stuff every season and the menswear she does is divne

I like the more Hippie pieces, an dteh lsoe flowy tulip skirts and dresses

The Necklaces and Bags are to die for :heart:

but I'm quite disapointed that they are still do the lady like styling, it's so boring to me at this point. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->