Marni S/ S 05

last season the prints were feminine in a 'swirly-pastal' way.prints for menswear have gotton better this season with variations on checks and squares. generally floral prints from missoni work well for men, dries in small quanties

I was looking at the pieces for sale at www.diabro.jp, and I really like everything. The jewelry and belts and bags are great. Dresses, coats, skirts, shirts, pants...all great. Even the most basic pieces are cool, like the grey jeweled shirt. I hope a bunch of TFSers are buying this stuff. :heart:

Does Marni do a men's show? I kind of suspect that it doesnt.....

occasionally they show menswear together with womenswear,
mainly they work through their showroom

I had never heard of that site Alex - is it like yoox? I see some winter pieces on there.... I bought this top (in a plain pink) with the above t-skirt to go underneath from the current collection.

There is a nice selection of beads on that site too. Thanks Alex.

I just love the way marni all fits together

helena said:
I had never heard of that site Alex - is it like yoox? I see some winter pieces on there.... I bought this top (in a plain pink) with the above t-skirt to go underneath from the current collection.

There is a nice selection of beads on that site too. Thanks Alex.

I just love the way marni all fits together
They're not like yoox at all. It's a boutique in Japan that sells all the current seasons, but also has some stuff left from winter. They also seem to sell a used item here and there. The people are very nice. In addition to their store and online shop, they sell a lot of their stuff on eBay for full price in their own little eBay store. They've marked down a bunch of stuff recently too, I guess in correlation with spring sales time. I bought some Dior items from them about a month ago. They ship everything express mail; it arrives in like two days from Japan to the US. Great service. I emailed them from eBay and asked if they'd sell me things from their site that they don't have on eBay even though I can't read Japanese, and they said they'd be happy to. So you could definitely grab whatever Marni from them you want if you just contact through eBay.

I love the way all the pieces fit together, too. It's all like little perfect pieces of a puzzle. But they're all strong by themselves, as well.

I´m not really a marni fan... I liked the trend towards voluminous clothes this season but marni´s weren´t that great in my opinion... those silk tafetta dresses neither look very flattering, nor comfortable. If compared to somebody elses work this S/S, I´d probably say Dries collection was better than this...

AlexN said:
They're not like yoox at all. It's a boutique in Japan that sells all the current seasons, but also has some stuff left from winter. They also seem to sell a used item here and there. The people are very nice. In addition to their store and online shop, they sell a lot of their stuff on eBay for full price in their own little eBay store. They've marked down a bunch of stuff recently too, I guess in correlation with spring sales time. I bought some Dior items from them about a month ago. They ship everything express mail; it arrives in like two days from Japan to the US. Great service. I emailed them from eBay and asked if they'd sell me things from their site that they don't have on eBay even though I can't read Japanese, and they said they'd be happy to. So you could definitely grab whatever Marni from them you want if you just contact through eBay.

I love the way all the pieces fit together, too. It's all like little perfect pieces of a puzzle. But they're all strong by themselves, as well.

thanks for that Alex - so how do I find them on ebay? I really am a bit crap at ebay actually....

I found this coat on ebay (749 $)... I'm lovin it... :woot:

marniturquoisejacket11ti.jpg

Helena, how much Marni do you usually buy each season? You're quite the Marni addict, are you not? What do you love about it? How does it make you feel to wear it? I want a 10-page discertation!!! :judge: :lol:

Seriously, why don't people talk more in other threads the way they do in the Dior Homme and Linea/Carpe Diem and Carol Christian Poell threads? Are there just not a lot of fanatics for other brands the way there are for those labels? Discuss, people! Anything. Post a piece or two that you want to buy or wish you could have. Anything. :lol:

I know alot of people hate me on this board for loving Marni, but I love the qurkiness that Consuelo Castiglioni puts into her pieces. Its a very boheimian Annie Hall look. Plus she never puts a lack of effort into the clothes.

i agree with you, marnilover ^_^ it really has a new, odd and playful look to it. i'm glad there are designers like her, not too keen on making flashy or sexy clothing. her designs have a soft personality

her spring collections are my favourite.
i've tried to read some biographies of her and it seems she didn't go through any training in fashion...?

her lack of training was very evident in the eraly collections when nothing fit or was wearable...

she has come a long way since then....
but even now...
some pieces are just cut wrong...:ermm:...

it breaks my heart because they look so beautiful...
but if you can't wear it...then what good is it ?...

oh runner!! where did you get those pictures of close-ups on the first page of this thread? i tried searching for accessories (necklaces, bags, and hats) on style.com but it was very hard, only getting one or two or NONE. and anyway, they had no close-ups:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->