Marshalls

stylegurrl

Reaction score
I adore Marshalls. Every time I go there, I find great deals. Does anyone else here like the store? Have you found any treasures?

i used to shop there when i was a kid and lived in the suburbs...we don't have them in the city...

I like Marshalls, especially for my kids. I've found current season items there, like Ralph Lauren sweaters for $12.99 :smile: I bought my daughter a a beautiful wool boucle coat for only $39.99.

I've never found anything in the mens section for myself though. Lots of Haggar and Chaps. :(

There's only one in Manhattan though, which kinda sucks.

i love marshalls! ive seen sevens there (not the jeans though). sometimes they have bcbg. i got a cute max studio skirt for $30.

I used to shop there more often, but lately I haven't found anything that I'm interested in buying.

I found a super adorable Esprit knee-length fitted jacket that was $98 for $20... that's probably my favorite item I've ever purchased there

I shop there time to time.. cute things. I bought a nice pair of DKNY jeans ($30) and Nine West sunglasses ($6) there.

However, beware: they stock fake Seven jeans. Make in Hong Kong??? :shock:

Originally posted by Theory@Aug 9 2004, 07:18 PM

There's only one in Manhattan though, which kinda sucks.
[snapback]326492[/snapback]​

there's one in manhattan?...where?...i'm guessing up by you...? :huh:

It's on 125th St.

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 9 2004, 11:12 PM
there's one in manhattan?...where?...i'm guessing up by you...? :huh:
[snapback]326705[/snapback]​

Marshalls, like any discount store, can be a bit hit and miss. If you visit often you are bound to find something great. I went to the one at the new Atlantic Center Mall in Brooklyn and bought 2 wonderful evening dresses (one silk, one wool), tailored trousers, a silk blouse and a handbag all for about $200. I plan to go back this weekend. :ninja:

i always get good kids clothes from there and every once and a while i find a dress for myself.

I don't like the idea of Marshalls. Even though I don't have the same taste as most people... the clothes there still feel like they have been rejected.

Originally posted by seraphelle@Aug 11 2004, 03:46 AM
I don't like the idea of Marshalls. Even though I don't have the same taste as most people... the clothes there still feel like they have been rejected.
[snapback]328083[/snapback]​

I don't mind if the clothes have been rejected. I'll make them feel better by accepting them and giving them a good home. I do the same with thrift shop clothes. Someone has to care for them. :lol:

I've never been inside a Marshalls. :ninja: Usually I get my clothes from the mall, Holliday's, or Wal-Mart.

I've gone in. I've found things that look cute in theory but there's always some detail (a strange buckle, extra buttons, weird cuts) that make me not buy them. I don't buy things just because they are cheap. I buy them because I fall in love with them. And I've never fallen in love with anything at Marshalls.

I dont really like the stuff. SOme of it is expensive for clothes that are usually bland looking but that is just my opinion. A lot of their stuff also has small problems, is prob why some are cheaper...(one sock maybe a lil smaller then the other etc).....

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Aug 11 2004, 10:16 AM
I don't mind if the clothes have been rejected. I'll make them feel better by accepting them and giving them a good home. I do the same with thrift shop clothes. Someone has to care for them. :lol:
[snapback]328210[/snapback]​

I buy vintage when I can find it, so I feel different with a thrift store. I wonder why?

I love Marshalls we have them all over here in Texas.. They have awesome stuff!

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Aug 11 2004, 11:43 AM
I've gone in. I've found things that look cute in theory but there's always some detail (a strange buckle, extra buttons, weird cuts) that make me not buy them. I don't buy things just because they are cheap. I buy them because I fall in love with them. And I've never fallen in love with anything at Marshalls.
[snapback]328344[/snapback]​

I have. A grey jumpsuit, back when hip hop style was fresh. :innocent:

I've been there before because being in a shopping arcade without other interesting stores one becomes curious.

I found Helmut Lang, Paul Smith, and Gianfranco Ferre. Also Moschino Jeans, and Versace by Rosenthal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->