Thrift Scores

Thrifting in Vancouver is seriously amazing. I guess the biggest reason is because there isn't many fashion savvy people around, so really nobody really knows anything about designer brands or stylish items. I find designer items every time I go. My best finds were still those Burberry trenches. Today I found these.

L1020562.jpg

L1020567.jpg

Fendi Reversible Jacket in brand new condition with the flashiest lining ever - $9

L1020568.jpg

L1020569.jpg

Balenciaga Multicolor Patterned Polo - $7

L1020570.jpg

L1020571.jpg

Versace Jeans Couture Black Polo with Zipper Neck Closure - $6

xionasy- omg i am soo jealous! first those trenches and now this, i swear its making me want to go to vancouver asap

fashionmuse - you should. thrifting in vancouver is considered "uncool" and people lift an eyebrow when they find out I got my Dior shirt at the thrift store for $3. But seriously, they just don't understand.
:P

I scored a black birkin!! i was ironic because i was pawing through the ugliest lot of bag and i was thinking imagine if i found a birkin.... which i did.

I also got a brand new with tag white linen skirt and cream clutch.

Where did you find the birkin? It's always a thrift fantasy of mine I'll find one, but I bet that's not going to happen even though I go almost twice a week!

Yeah it was a fantasy of mine, haha, I hadn't been to a thrift store in ages and bam.

I'm in Australia - I found it in a Thrift store near my home.
It is an affluent area, so it doesn't surprise me all that much when I find designer items, but the birkin still came as a huge suprise.

I thought I'd share a few of the things i've thrifted recently...prices range from £3.50 to 20p! :smile:

dsc09388m.jpg
dsc09389.jpg

dsc09390s.jpg
dsc09393y.jpg

dsc09394.jpg

my photos

^ are you sure the birkin is real... I cant actually believe that happened... to say im jealous is a slight understatement! What's it like???? I still actually cant believe you found one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate to be a party pooper but...sometimes those designer labels found at thrift stores can be fakes. i used to thrift shop a lot in high school and also found various designer brands. i was super excited at the time. later i found out they were fakes. they arent bags or accessories, but actual clothing items.
anyways, it might be different at different places but that was my experience.

but than again, nice clothes are still nice clothes and label is just a label. if the clothes fit and looks nice, the label shouldn't be the only reason to get it.

^^i totally agree MUXU...i'm from vancouver too (where xionasy is from) and unless you get your items from a reputable designer consignment store, they're usually fake. we have only a few vintage/consignment stores around here that are known to carry only real designer items and even then sometimes you might as well buy it new because the prices are pretty close (to the used.)

^^Yeah I've seen a bunch of Christian Dior stuff around, that was obviously fake, and not very nice looking either. Though I have found a wool MaxMara blazer that is quite nice but that is the only non-fake item I've been able to find.

Found a Chanel jacket/blazer for 7 bucks the other day. So far everyone I've asked thinks it's authentic (yes! yes! yes!). It's from 2002. I have no experience with Chanel so I really have no clue, I will have to do more research.

i just scored a black leather backpack for $10. It was amazing because i had told myself no to one from h&m that was reduced to about 35 post discount from 80. The only thing i wish this one had from the h&m bag was longer straps. if/when i lose weight this would be even less of a problem. they fit now but barely...

A while ago I scored some high waisted black Lee jeans for $20
Probably one of the best things I ever bought, they're so flattering!
$20 was OK since they weren't new, but i deffinately prefer that to 200+ on a brand new pair

I also got my favourite casual shoes ever in a charity shop in England for 4 pounds (because they came without laces) I get compliments on them all the time!

Um, recently, an Hermes tie and a Trussardi tie, 99p each.
Three John Smedley knitted cotton t-shirts, £3.50 each.
Nicole Farhi leather trainers (I wear them all of the time now) £4.00
Nina Ricci, Christian Lacroix and Polo Ralph Lauren sunglasses, from a car-boot sale, 50p each.

moschino.jpg

moschino2.jpg

My photos

I just bought this amazing bag, it's a black vintage bag modified with the moschino gold belt! i believe that everything that's gold was added too :smile: i don't know the author because i bought this from a girl who sells bags on facebook and I think she found this on a flea market. I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->