Martin Margiela - Designer

We Margiela!

Unfortunately, no subs but still, a lot of comments in english. Seriously one of the best documentary i've seen.
I've actually learned a lot of things about Margiela the man and Margiela the House.
Enjoy!

OMG! Finally!!!!! Thank you sweetheart

watching this made me sad. I didnt understand the Flemish parts and missed everything that Jenny Merens says, maybe the most important part. I like Lutz Huelle in this but maybe he should not have been so personal about Martin Margiela at the end of the film. It's all very emotional, and you get the feeling it wasnt so easy. Great doc though

Hey!

Hope this is the right thread to post.

Ive found this MMM Line 0 top today and I'm a bit clueless how it is supposed to be worn and wondered if it was in any show or which season it could be from?

Is line 0 automatically the couture line?

The piece is quite confusing, here some photos of me trying to figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!

Ive found this MMM Line 0 top today and I'm a bit clueless how it is supposed to be worn and wondered if it was in any show or which season it could be from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!

This is a piece from Spring\Summer 2003.

Hey!

This is a piece from Spring\Summer 2003.

The artisinal pieces were always presented in every collection. Every collecton....men's and womens....always had a number of artisinal pieces. The zero collection....has nothing to do with Margie Haute Couture.

The artisinal pieces were always presented in every collection. Every collecton....men's and womens....always had a number of artisinal pieces. The zero collection....has nothing to do with Margie Haute Couture.

Artisinal means....that the garment is a used.... and recycled piece. The piece might have been owned and worn by someone... prior to what was made by MMM. Basically...pieces of used clothing were reconstructed....reassembled....made into something new. Martin breathed new life into an old garment.

Artisinal means....that the garment is a used.... and recycled piece. The piece might have been owned and worn by someone... prior to what was made by MMM. Basically...pieces of used clothing were reconstructed....reassembled....made into something new. Martin breathed new life into an old garment.

This man is 1 year older than Dries and we don't even know what he looks like nowadays 🤯. Anyone know what he is doing these days ?

This man is 1 year older than Dries and we don't even know what he looks like nowadays 🤯. Anyone know what he is doing these days ?
As of late 2022, he was creating his own art privately and mounted an exhibition in Paris. It seems as though he's enjoying a similar retired life to that of Helmut Lang.

If one TFS member run across Carine, JPG or Sandrine Dumas…
Carine would be a safe bet to ask as she is quite accessible in Paris lol.

Idk what year it was taken
Source: Bliss Foster ( Pinterest )
01A0A0A9-B4B9-4E03-A2AD-DD4B79081FA0.jpeg

Martin Margiela: In His Own Words (2019)

This documentary follows the influential fashion designer that changed the face of fashion while remaining completely anonymous.

👇

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->