McQ by Alexander McQueen S/S 08 NYC

This all looks really generic, nothing good. Dont like it.

I'm not a fan of this collection overall. The prints, the materials... a little tacky.

A little bit Viktor&Rolf over it with a hint of futuristic chic.

i don't know yet... there are some good pieces... but i don't know...

:flower:Thanks for the pics, I really like the McQ line, I think its the best bridge line outthere, Ive bought several things off net a porter that I love. I really love that black tank dress with the chain overlay and the colored sequined tank dress is hot too!!!:heart::heart:

Such a strange presentation. I like the simple black pieces and the tuxedo jacket but the prints and bags are horrible.

Awful presentation with even worse collection,this is unimpressive.

The first two looks in post #4 are fierce! (Sorry... watching too much ANTM)

Overall I like it.

i wouldn't say it was the best-last season's collection just screamed scott :lol: but imo,its really consistent and for a secondary/afforable collection it could very well pass as a designer signature. and mcqueen is really doing this better than anybody at the moment.

I think it is a great diffusion line collection with its own voice

I quite like the re-interpreted Keith Haring prints especially in fluo contrast. Very nu rave.
Some of the pieces however look like thrift (perhaps the presentation?) like the bags and menswear.
Not as cohesive as past collections but at least it is something out of the ordinary.

:lol:...

this is great stuff...as others have said...it's the best yet for this line....
the prints are esp good...

reminds me of keith haring...and basquiat...
* those are pop artists from the 80's for those of you who weren't born yet...
:wink:

*edit- just saw your post bidwell...
guess you already know who keith haring is...:P

:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly as much as I love him when you see McQ in real life the materials are no different to those used by H&M etc so it's hard to justify paying money for it especially when some of the designs are pretty basic and just feature the logo so then it just seems shallow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->