Men In Skirts

My friends and I used to joke that I have a kilt fetish :lol: I spent a week last summer learning bagpipes so I'm used to boys in "skirts". I think they're great. I think there was an article on it in some magazine recently...maybe Elle Girl? But anyway, I think boys look good in them. And I also don't think you need to have hips to look good in them. Like when boys rock girls pants. Ohhh I wish I could find a boy in a skirt. I hope it catches on!

Then again, I also have a crush on Eddie Izzard (transvestite) and Brini Maxwell (dragqueen)... When I met Eddie he was wearing an amazing polkadot skirt with stilleto black boots. He looked fab! *swoons*

I love skirts! :woot: :heart: It is so chic! There are so many ways and styles of wearing them. B)

Yet,there are some people who still don't realize men, of even the most macho, have been wearing skirts for ages. And lets not forget vestments and robes which is where skirts got there variations from. Only society has decided for us all,that we aren't allowed to wear a certain something and frankly those rules are never to be followed,imo.

If women can wear what is considered our trouser suits and manshirts,I say,who are you to say we can't wear what is percieved for women?

"Soley to attract attention"?? No,that's not my style at all,I beg to differ. Skirts soften the male exterior;make men appear more romantic and elegant. Often times,making one appear more discreet--even subtle. Of course,it always depends on the shape and the cutting involved--narrowly-cut,it never makes men look too girly.

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 1st, 2004 - 9:29 am
Yet,there are some people who still don't realize men, of even the most macho, have been wearing skirts for ages. And lets not forget vestments and robes which is where skirts got there variations from. Only society has decided for us all,that we aren't allowed to wear a certain something and frankly those rules are never to be followed,imo.

If women can wear what is considered our trouser suits and manshirts,I say,who are you to say we can't wear what is percieved for women?

"Soley to attract attention"?? No,that's not my style at all,I beg to differ. Skirts soften the male exterior;make men appear more romantic and elegant. Often times,making one appear more discreet--even subtle. Of course,it always depends on the shape and the cutting involved--narrowly-cut,it never makes men look too girly.
we neeed more of you in my town

a guy wear a skirt in my town=outkast for the rest of your life..

although, that wouldnt be a bad thing (it sucks here) Im down for it!!

maybe ill try it sometime

just a difference in preferences i suppose, i just dont see how a man wearing a skirt can even be remotely described as discreet

dl

It's fine with me, I think that as long as the guy wearing the skirt is comfortable with it then go for it! whatever a person chooses to wear is a personal desison so just wear whatever you feel comfortable with

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 1st, 2004 - 7:29 am
Only society has decided for us all,that we aren't allowed to wear a certain something and frankly those rules are never to be followed,imo.

so true! :ninja: :heart:

F*Ck the rules! :mohawk:

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Feb 1st, 2004 - 3:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Feb 1st, 2004 - 3:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Feb 1st, 2004 - 7:29 am
Only society has decided for us all,that we aren't allowed to wear a certain something and frankly those rules are never to be followed,imo.

so true! :ninja: :heart:

F*Ck the rules! :mohawk: [/b][/quote]
absolutely B) Scott and Space :flower:

I like the idea.

I'm a guy and I like to wear skirts. I hope the idea catches on more as now I mostly wear them only in private. I'd like to wear them more often. They feel great and they're fun to wear.

Attachments

• boots1101s.JPG
    boots1101s.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 69
i like men in kilts too. i like men in sarongs only when it is worn at the appropriate time. i like manly skirts. i don't like men in miniskirts.

Originally posted by mode_addict@Mar 17th, 2004 - 12:22 am
i like men in kilts too. i like men in sarongs only when it is worn at the appropriate time. i like manly skirts. i don't like men in miniskirts.
i agree B)

im not so sure about men in skirts.......it can look really scarey on the wrong person

i think the closest thing i would get to wearing a skirt is probhably a towel wrapped around me at the spa

the only skirt like clothes i like on men are the "DISHDASHAs".
i find them extremely sexy :blush: :heart:

(i think i already had mentioned that :ninja: )

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 16th, 2004 - 3:45 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 16th, 2004 - 3:45 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mode_addict@Mar 17th, 2004 - 12:22 am
i agree B) [/b][/quote]
I really like the style of old schoolboy skirts-stiff and a bit heavy. The cutting very narrow on the seam,and sharp and crisp on the hem. Updated of course,with a pair of trousers or sweat trouser leggings underneath. Very romantic but in a fragile almost timid way..as children often are sometimes. I think I'm really getting in touch with that side these days.

here in scotland we're all very used to men in skirts. B)

I really am fond of the non-tartan kilts that are becoming popular here... some kiltmakers feature them in khaki, black leather, denim etc. if worn tactfully in a masculine way they can look really hot. :wink:

but I don't know about other styles... and no miniskirts, ever.

Originally posted by utopia@Mar 17th, 2004 - 2:16 pm

I really am fond of the non-tartan kilts that are becoming popular here... some kiltmakers feature them in khaki, black leather, denim etc. if worn tactfully in a masculine way they can look really hot. :wink:

where have u been :woot: missed you

yes i totally agree with that miniskirt idea :unsure: :lol: :ninja: :cry: :shock:

Originally posted by utopia@Mar 17th, 2004 - 8:16 am

Sorry if OT, I love Scotland!

Here is a pic of Loch Lochy I took while hiking the Great Glen Way.

As far as skirts for guys, it's not my cup of tea, but I could see some guys wear it and look masculine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->