Men in tights?! and leggings, etc...

To all of you that may not agree with anyone, this is a national news article about Clothing Challenges in the workplace. Women wearing pantyhose vs men wearing neckties. Each had changed for this survey to see which is more uncomfortable. Yes, switched. Women worn neckties, two men worn pantyhose all day. Worn at work with shorts, played sports, worked in the garden, rode the subway. All in Kansas. ABC surveyed two years ago. BTW, tights for men are avaiable on line. Activskin is one known brand. Another is WoMAN but forgot the maker. Check it out.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Springtime/story?id=5175302

Someone by the name of Matay and LostinNJ posted these pictures. I actually did too. There was a news article some time ago about men wearing leggings in Japan. Very popular. By Japanese Streets.com. See below:

61128-8079.jpg

My legwear for men suggestion

This is my fashion input for legwear for men. There are many sites that men could buy tights for them. Legwear4men, Activskin are a few. These are my pictures with tights in the summer or fall. The top photo is today along with the lower left. Top is Hollister shirt, plaid shorts, and white tights. Lower left is light blue footless tights over black tights, Reebok shorts with CROC slippers.

Attachments

• RSCN4538b.JPG
    RSCN4538b.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN4536.JPG
    DSCN4536.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:
i have merged two threads here because each one was full of overlaps...

in any case...

there are very few times when men look good in either tights OR leggings...

and i would NOT recommend it to anyone...for any reason...

^_^

Fall idea - Tights for men with shorts

I thought I look into it. There have been fashion shows with men wearing footless tights and overseas in Japan leggings and tights for men have been popular. ALso, europe still is big on tights for men. These are my photos.

Attachments

• DSCN4952.JPG
    DSCN4952.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Polls show that tights / leggings for men are becoming acceptable

I thought I also note that polls on Chictopia.com are showing interest in tights for men. I believe I am the one who started it, however, I dont know of any other polls. I know there are more pictures here from past fashion shows that had models wearing leggings and tights the past few years. If it is done well, why not. Casual or work style if could find a way to make it work. Go to chictopia.com and go check out my polls. Twenty percent are thinking acceptable if nicely worn with shorts or shirt.

Did you think about something similar to Emporio Armani Spring 2011?
14.jpg

(nymag.com)

I liked the look at Givenchy, I feel like with the right pieces it could look fine,
but when worn just to wear the trend please no, and im fully expecting to see a lot of fashion victumy looks revolved around the trend

Blah to it all. This look doesn't work on men at all, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zr90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->