Men in tights?

Reaction score
Inspired by the other thread "men in skirts", I've noticed another so-called women's wear item becoming big in men - leggings or tights - not only in editorials but also in real life!
one thing that I'm really sensitive to is people riffing and playing on conventions. This guy was decked out in this amazing black tights under denim shorts and boots! I was amazed and shocked for a little, but came around to really liking it. What do you guys think? I don't even feel it's less masculine!

Taj_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It kind of makes me think of bike messengers, they seem to wear tights or something similar. It's an interesting outfit, I'm not sure if it all works together for me, but I'd like to see more examples!

I like this! Especially the one from the sartorialist and in this last photo with the high socks

The jean shorts dont work. I would wear both the tights and shorts the same color. but tights arent for me

I honestly think that the photos posted on Post #4 show how to wear em correctly (the best?) ... the ones from Givenchy <3

Im kinda interested in trying this look but I don't knoww... I need to find some thick tights to even think about it in the next coming months.

I think that guy in the first month looks a little strange... but its also how he put the rest of the outfit together that just makes it weird...

Ive seen Givenchy rock the look now for a while and I just gotta get the balls to try it...

The jean shorts dont work. I would wear both the tights and shorts the same color. but tights arent for me

I agree on all of this. Too much contrasting color and it'll just look too femme (not andro.)

I honestly think that the photos posted on Post #4 show how to wear em correctly (the best?) ... the ones from Givenchy <3

I agree. Tights on men is interesting. There is such a fine balance between doing it right and doing it wrong as the pictures show. The first picture (denim teamed with tights and a cardie) was definitely a no go- way too feminine. The Military boots however seem to be fine. My quess is that the less tight tight it looks the better.

love that first guy in post 4, he looks hot, and the Givenchy looks are really good. I like this and I think this is just like one of those trends that takes getting used to. When it's done right it really looks good! I hope it grows more common and 'socially acceptable'

I would say - YES! I think it's interesting and it looks good. There's is life in that!

I think the outfit has to be a little monochromatic (at least the second half) to really 'fit'

I wouldn't mind a man in tights if he was confident enough to support a look like that. When i think of tights, the whole 80s rock star/poser look comes in my mind and i love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised by how much this doesn't faze me. I actually like it in some of the photos. However, I've never seen it done in real life. I'm not against it, though and if a guy wants to experiment, then go for it!

only if the guy has nice looking legs. strong, muscled, no chicken legs in tights please :lol:

Although I prefer the black/black version like Givenchy more, I somehow like thsi one:

5204542663_bca813a5af_b.jpg

(stilinberlin.blogspot.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->