• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Men's Denim

HiHeels, just out of curiosity, what kinda shoes do you wear with your baggy/dark denim jeans in general?

Fade to Black said:
HiHeels, just out of curiosity, what kinda shoes do you wear with your baggy/dark denim jeans in general?

looking for some style tips?
i have several flats (purple with a pointy toe, red suede with a rounded toe and little teeny tiny studs dotting a mini scalloped edge that goes all the way around... ) but those don't sound very you. perhaps my black suede wedge heels... doubt they come in your size. i'll stop straining your brain and toss in my converse hightops. i have a pair of a. demeulemeester motorcycle boots, but i prefer those with skirts. i like variety/contradictions/contrasts.
are we anywhere near on topic anymore???

lol i'm not looking for style tips, i'm a guy...i don't think pointy-toed flats would work well for me :P I just wanted to see if what you wore them with matched my idea of how you would wear them (i wanted to see if my imagination was right, so to speak). You didn't disappoint, it sounds hot (especially the pointy toed flats :wink:).

tangerine said:
I have heard you can reverse the stretching to some degree by just turning the jeans inside out and putting them in a hot dryer for about 15 minutes, you don't need to soak them first. I haven't done this myself but it makes sense to me.

:o gasp, my jeans, my beautiful new jeans, :cry: i put them in the dryer like you said and now, now... now they're ruined. :furious:

oh, wait, just kidding. :evil: gotcha.
they are staying up a little better. thanks for the tip. i don't think i would do it more than once though, in an emergency, because the heat does break the fibers. popped into apc today and tried on a pair of rescue jeans. they consider those their baggier jeans. it's all relative i suppose. i might buy a pair next fall - definitely a cold/cool weather jean when they're new (stiff as nails, feels like you're wearing body armor). in comparison to my prps, i would say that i like that the prps are a really old school inky inky indigo, that the rivets are black and that the length is more or less right. the apc are decidedly narrower (even the rescue), and super long so it's a different look. apc recommends dry cleaning for the first "wash" - after months of wear, of course, and after that, on the occasion that you need to clean them, to use woolite black. has anyone washed jeans with that before?

HiHeels said:
:o gasp, my jeans, my beautiful new jeans, :cry: i put them in the dryer like you said and now, now... now they're ruined. :furious:

oh, wait, just kidding. :evil: gotcha...

Oh, you are evil. :P I like you!

I haven't used Woolite Black but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Some denimheads like to use pure vegetable soap (Dr. Bronner's has been mentioned), which should be even milder.

I think you should also take a look at Rag and Bone, I think you might like them. The ones I've seen have a loose fit through the legs, which I think is your preference? Very highly regarded in terms of denim quality and cutting.

tangerine said:
Oh, you are evil. :P I like you!

I haven't used Woolite Black but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Some denimheads like to use pure vegetable soap (Dr. Bronner's has been mentioned), which should be even milder.

I think you should also take a look at Rag and Bone, I think you might like them. The ones I've seen have a loose fit through the legs, which I think is your preference? Very highly regarded in terms of denim quality and cutting.

:wink:
well i'm a pretty decent googler but i haven't found a visual or shop for Rag and Bone, and i've just dedicated 8 minutes to it. i don't think i would ever have consciously made any proclamations re. loose fit, but truthfully the rescue are as tight as i would probably go, and they actually made my prps look gigantic, but i thought they (the rescue) looked great. so i'm flexible within reason.

Does ne1 know if Marc Jacobs make denim? Not Marc by Marc, but actual Marc Jacobs? I cant seem to find any :(

JJohnson said:
Does ne1 know if Marc Jacobs make denim? Not Marc by Marc, but actual Marc Jacobs? I cant seem to find any :(

it doesn't appear that he has any planned for spring/summer, but since his fall marc by marc jacobs has denim in it, his marc jacobs line likely will too. he does selvedge for marc by marc (but you probably already knew that).

HiHeels said:
:wink:
well i'm a pretty decent googler but i haven't found a visual or shop for Rag and Bone, and i've just dedicated 8 minutes to it. i don't think i would ever have consciously made any proclamations re. loose fit, but truthfully the rescue are as tight as i would probably go, and they actually made my prps look gigantic, but i thought they (the rescue) looked great. so i'm flexible within reason.

Rag & Bone web site for your viewing pleasure!

tangerine said:
Rag & Bone web site for your viewing pleasure!

oooo, i feel stupid. :blush:
thank you.

ps you're right, they look very much my style/taste, though i need to see them in person. and i probably will soon. :ninja:

APC New Standards stretch a lot. They also look good either tight or loose. If you like the tighter fit keep the 25s, if you like them to hang a little lower and looser, switch up a size. The important thing to remember, though, is that they stretch a lot.

edit: time stamp must be messed up again, my answer is above the question I was answering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earl J.

i dont kno if some1 already said this but for $200 i would get some Earls. They got a good fit, feel, and color.

tangerine said:
APC New Standards stretch a lot. They also look good either tight or loose. If you like the tighter fit keep the 25s, if you like them to hang a little lower and looser, switch up a size. The important thing to remember, though, is that they stretch a lot.

i didn't know that. but when you wash and dry them, they shrink back to their size, no?

i am now aiming to just make it at least a month. i'm having the seven year itch... and it's only been 2 weeks, barely.

HiHeels said:
we'll have to wait for his official word, but my sense is that the 'no tricks' camp just feels that any manipulation of the jeans is interference and therefore unnatural.

aaa I see.^_^

I usually wear a Men's 34. Would I be pushing it if I went for size 33 Cheap Mondays?

I've pretty much stuck with Helmut Lang for my denim needs. Straight cut, accentuates my butt nicely (I feel strange typing that but my ladyfriends concur) Plus, that stuff is crazy cheap on ebay right now. What's not to like?

andrew said:
I've pretty much stuck with Helmut Lang for my denim needs. Straight cut, accentuates my butt nicely (I feel strange typing that but my ladyfriends concur) Plus, that stuff is crazy cheap on ebay right now. What's not to like?

fakes?:unsure:

and your butt comment.:lol:

DriversHigh said:
aaa I see.^_^

I usually wear a Men's 34. Would I be pushing it if I went for size 33 Cheap Mondays?

Cheap Mondays stretch a lot.

I bought a pair one year ago, when they first launched the jeans... I bought them in a size 28, now i can't really wear them without a belt.. they must be atleast a size 30. :doh:

andrew said:

Concur on all accounts.

Drivers - I doubt anyone fakes Helmut jeans - they aren't exactly Gucci/Prada/etc...

They're not fake, but most are from the Helmut Lang Jeans license. (On Prada Group's insistance) I'd rather buy the jeans from the main-line.

Arturo21 said:
They're not fake, but most are from the Helmut Lang Jeans license. (On Prada Group's insistance) I'd rather buy the jeans from the main-line.
Nah, I've gotten plenty of mainline HL jeans for around $60-$80. I mean, look at Yoox.com for instance. One pair of the blue jeans, listed for $105, I have personally seen in a store last spring/summer for $250. Just a year or so ago getting a new pair on eBay in a popular size (28-32) would usually cost $120 or more, but I've gotten 2 pairs in the last few months for $70 (I'm a 31, which is not an easy size to grab on eBay). The general interest/market has just dropped off the radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->