mens fashion magazines(what do you read)

Reaction score
i find it hard to find good mens fashion magazines they all seem very high street:cry:

what do the men on this board read or recomend?
i read

upstreet
vman
another magazine

and for the small amount of fashion they have

arena (homme when availible)
gq
esquire
the last three are the only readily available mens magazines i come across please help i need a fashion fix.:D

i'm not a man, i know, but i quite like i-D's men's fashion ... they also have one issue per year dedicated to menswear alone, i recall.

i-D
Wonderland is pretty good
FHM collections is actually really good

thanks but fhm is really not my thing its more for teens a bit ladish(clothes are genrally very cheap alternatives.)

L'uomo Vogue is really cool
Vogue Hommes International
US GQ
Vman

Details
Flaunt

Good seasonal fashion mags:
AnOther Man
loaded fashion (will be named as fashion inc. next season)
FHM collections
...arena homme plus is good too, if less non-fashion nude guys included

i agree.. i-D is very good reading ^_^

Dazed & Confused is great too..

I vote for VMan & L'Uomo Vogue (which is luckily written in Italian; Im sure Id be disappointed if I could translate the articles)..

ArenaHomme is ok, although their edits sometimes seem like they're focusing on the photography moreso than the fashion itself..

galliano-homme said:
thanks but fhm is really not my thing its more for teens a bit ladish(clothes are genrally very cheap alternatives.)

fhm collections is different from fhm. in the same way that arena is different from arena homme + haha.

joerex said:
fhm collections is different from fhm. in the same way that arena is different from arena homme + haha.

i know its different but it still focuses more on the cheaper end of the market im not been snobby but i think the magazine is very young orientated(arena homme is quite good though.

like em all, i buy them all, most of the time anyway, usually buy them if they have really good edits, Vman, Luomo Vogue, Arena Homme Plus, l like a good edit i do!:D

10+ is my favorite by far.....

Another man was good, Arena Homme+ is nice.

GQ is garbage, same with Details and all those other testosterone fueled ones.

CAPiTA said:
GQ is garbage, same with Details and all those other testosterone fueled ones.

agree, and most of the US magazines have very bad fashion editorials, the styling is bad and "old" sometimes.

galliano-homme said:
i know its different but it still focuses more on the cheaper end of the market im not been snobby but i think the magazine is very young orientated(arena homme is quite good though.

have you read the magazine? i would'nt say yohji, veronique branquino vivienne westwood ect ect were cheaper end.

i think galliano-homme meant that apart from those high end brands, FHM Collections also shows how to match the clothes with H&M and topman etc.

Don't know if anyone care but the new Vogue Homme in North America is crap.

For mens fashion magazines the Japanese ones are the best hands down. (Even if i can't understand what it is saying I still prefer them wayyyyyy over GQ or Esquire, for fashion at least)

Men's Non-no
Smart Max (the hi-fashion verison of Smart)
Hot Dog Press (HDP)
HUGE

Although they are very accessiable here in Vancouver, (given the huge Asian population here), they are ridculously priced though. (2x-3x of the retail price in Japan) And that's where my CX flight attendence friend comes in handy.......

Last edited by a moderator:
you are right! mens NOn-NO is awesome. it's so japanese style and different from the other magazine.
but i also like Vman, GQ, Vogue Homme and L'uomo Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyl278
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->