Magazines & Their Fonts

XavierRaphael

Reaction score
So while creating my own Vogue cover for Mens Vogue, I wanted to know why they chose such a terrible font for the "MENS" on top the Vogue. Alot of magazines do this, Interview has their new typface, so what are your thoughts everyone?

What is the MENS font anyways?

Great thread idea! I've always wondered that too...
The only thing I know is that Numéro uses Helvetica. (Or Helvetica Neue? not sure...)

Thanks!
I was just a little outraged that Interview has ditched Fabien and Karl's font.
Seems M/M are stuck in the past, the font is totally Vintage Interview, which some make like, but I think contemporizing(not sure if that's a word) a magazine is key.

I love this idea! :flower: This could be a great resource for make Vogue / Men's Vogue covers for the Vogue Cover Challenge. I know that Vogue uses "Didot" and Vogue Paris's en vogue font is "Dogwood". I'm also pretty sure that Elle UK uses "Didot" but stretched. Thats all I know. Thanks for the info about the Numero font, mandolux.

I have posted about this before!!!
I don't think is terrible! I think is elegant and chic, Very american!!!

besides font itself,can we talk about the layout of the font?i've been collecting this kinds of pics for some times.....really wanna post & share!

Elle Uk uses Onyx and Eras Light ITC! :smile: (had to copy one of their covers for a school project!)

For Numéro font, you can also try the font century gothic but don't forget to bold it!

Try the Didot font (looking for it on www.dafont.com for free). Harper's Bazaar and Vogue use Didot but all of them have to retouched a little bit.

For Numéro font, you can also try the font century gothic but don't forget to bold it!

the Numéro logotype isn't century gothic (or avant garde for that matter). I doooon't think it's Helvetica or Univers, but I think it matches Helvetica Neue if my eyes serve me correctly.

The Vogue logo is Didot (maybe slightly altered) - which you won't find on dafont or any other free sites, at least legally. You might find variations though. I also belive the font used in some of the collages they have (at least Paris and Italian I belive) is Dogwood (thnx to Justjr for pointing this out)

the i-D logo is Avenir (they also used Avenir for body a while, about a year ago or so they switched for Univers and now use Univers and Garamond (not shure which one, but guessing Adobe).

the Numéro logotype isn't century gothic (or avant garde for that matter). I doooon't think it's Helvetica or Univers, but I think it matches Helvetica Neue if my eyes serve me correctly.

The Vogue logo is Didot (maybe slightly altered) - which you won't find on dafont or any other free sites, at least legally. You might find variations though. I also belive the font used in some of the collages they have (at least Paris and Italian I belive) is Dogwood (thnx to Justjr for pointing this out)

the i-D logo is Avenir (they also used Avenir for body a while, about a year ago or so they switched for Univers and now use Univers and Garamond (not shure which one, but guessing Adobe).

Thanks for the info about i-D! :flower: Somebody already said that Numero was Helvetica Neue and I also think that that font is close or the same. For Vogue the use didot but it's stretched out a little and for Elle it's still didot but stretched out even more. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"