Men's Footwear

ettebe

Reaction score
Moderators note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • The old thread can be found here
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just got new shoes finally, from a company called Minelli. They opened up there first North American store here in Montreal about a week ago.

2010-04-29%2023.34.01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
they look nice. how much were they?

they look nice. how much were they?

Thats the thing, not expensive at all. C$209 before tax and C$235 with tax.

Leather sole and quality leather for the rest of shoe. Made in Portugal.

Plus are pretty comfortable.

If you ever find yourself in Montreal, check it out. Thing is the sales person said he only gets 6 pairs in each size and thats all for the season.

The size range is 40,41,42,43,44 and 45.

homme3.jpg

I got these from ebay (photo is my own)
They come in a variety of styles, some just plain black leather.
All custom made and the leather is so soft and lovely.

What do you guys think of the Jazz Shoes from Urban Outfitters? :huh:

I need a low profile oxford type shoe that I can wear with a skinny jean. The white ones were kind of
amazing but they stopped selling them for some reason. Anyways, I think I'm gonna get the black ones here.

If anybody has any other suggestions that would be appreciated! ^_^

I'm really into these suede shoes but I'm not sure I can pull them off.
5322465001212_Grey_l1.jpg
(Urban Outfitters)
What do you suggest to wear them with?

you shouldn't have a problem. Desert boots are easy to pull off, just make sure their isn't a huge contrast in color. Light DB's with dark jeans sometimes don't go well.

Is it okay to wear shoes 1.5 sizes up your normal shoe size? or is it too much
Going by the American system, I think.. which only goes up to 14(?). I'm getting someone who's going on a trip to buy shoes for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it okay to wear shoes 1.5 sizes up your normal shoe size? or is it too much
Going by the American system, I think.. which only goes up to 14(?). I'm getting someone who's going on a trip to buy shoes for me.

I think it's too much.

i don't even like wearing a half-size big if I can help myself.

Alright, thanks. I'm just pressed for time right now, so I might have to make do than send them back. I also like the designs that were sent to me... I found a couple of articles today on making larger sizes fit better, like this one

oops I meant "..than not buy them at all."

great tips gius! I myself had a fair share of shoes larger than my own size (I have several pairs which are way too big for my feet actually) and I have been using insoles / heel grips and even stashing tissue paper inside the shoes to make them fit better.

Anyway...
DSC_3971.jpg

Jil Sander from last season.. These shoes fit quite well actually :smile:

^Great~ I saw your site and it matches your style pretty well. The ones I'm after are similar, oxford-like

great tips gius! I myself had a fair share of shoes larger than my own size (I have several pairs which are way too big for my feet actually) and I have been using insoles / heel grips and even stashing tissue paper inside the shoes to make them fit better.
I'm really glad to hear someone already does this! I shall dive in with confidence :-P

I have so many shoes now. And can't stop. Just ordered some royal blue suede creepers from asos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->