Mia Wasikowska

adorefaith

i'm almost ready..
Reaction score
Mia is 18 yrs old and from canberra, australia...
she trained as a ballet dancer as a young girl but then switched to acting...she was on the australian tv series All Saints and then moved to LA... it's just been announced that she'll star in Tim Burton's remake of Alice in Wonderland....

i havent seen Mia act but her look was enough to intrigue me...and i cant wait to see tim burton's alice in wonderland...she just looks perfect for the part of Alice..:woot:

she's appearing next opposite Daniel Craig in Defiance and also has a part in Amelia, starring Hilary Swank...

some pics of Mia from justjared..

she has an unusual face..something about her reminds me of claire danes..particularly in her romeo & juliet days...very ethereal...

Just been watching her in In Treatment and she's darling :crush: Superb actress!

On set for Alice in Wonderland
751064copysp1.jpg

751086copyjl0.jpg

751093copywg1.jpg

751105copyha5.jpg

751095copyet8.jpg

751101copyzv9.jpg

infdaily

Actress Mia Wasikowska attends the Australians In Film & Pathe Films UK screening of "The Square" held at the Harmony Gold Theater on October 1, 2008 in Los Angeles, California.

australiansfilmpathefilis5.jpg

australiansfilmpathefilwh9.jpg

australiansfilmpathefilsj8.jpg

zimbio

Actress Mia Wasikowska during the Hollywood Film Festival's Gala Ceremony held at Beverly Hilton Hotel on October 27, 2008 in Beverly Hills, California.
12thannualhollywoodfilmmd0.jpg

12thannualhollywoodfilmge7.jpg

12thannualhollywoodfilmke9.jpg

zimbio

2008 Breakthrough Award recipient Mia Wasikowska poses for a portrait during the Australians In Film 2008 "Breakthrough Awards" held at the Avalon Hotel on June 5, 2008 in Los Angeles, California.

australiansfilm2008breaab3.jpg

zimbio

Actress Mia Wasikowska arrives at the 2008 AFI FEST Closing Night Gala Screening of "Defiance" held at ArcLight Hollywood on November 9, 2008 in Hollywood, California.

2008afifestclosingnightiz4.jpg

afifestclosingnightgalaux8.jpg

afifestclosingnightgalana8.jpg

afifestclosingnightgalawu9.jpg

afifestclosingnightgalafy2.jpg

afifestclosingnightgalaqi6.jpg

afifestclosingnightgalatw5.jpg

afifestclosingnightgalafq2.jpg

afifestclosingnightgalahf0.jpg

afifestclosingnightgalaqi7.jpg

zimbio

thanks for all the pics! :woot:

those pics from the set of Alice are so exciting...looks wonderful..:heart:

she looks really cool at the premiere of The Square... she has this nonchalant cool about her... reminds me of a mix of Clemence Poesy and Claire Danes (something about her face)..

I haven't seen her in anything yet, but I have a good feeling about her. She has an adorable, striking face. And I NEED that coat from Alice in Wonderland.

I like her style at the events, very simple and natural. :heart:
She surely seems like someone to keep an eye on.
thanks for the thread, adorefaith!.

you're welcome Mullet., so glad there's some interest in her...:blush: i just have this feeling that after Alice, we're going to see more & more of her..:heart: i just hope she doesn't become too 'mainstream'..:P

Well, I'm sure she's going to have to do a blizzard of publicity for Alice in Wonderland. After that, it will be her own choice what kind of roles she pursues, and what kind of attitude towards fame she takes on.

i've been watching her in In Treatment...she's great :woot: i love her...this girl's a star..:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donna tartan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->