Michael Rider - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

I don't understand how Polo is the McDonalds of fashion, first of all. We'll have to actually see a collection before hating, plus his background is solid, so why not?
Polo Mcdonalds i think was meant as in its mainstream and readily available and american , but i like RL /polo its iconic :-)

I am more intrigued on the Michael Rider solid background conversation, that was also a discussion back then when it was rumored, i am not so sure based on his output at RL and his personal taste/interest he will produce something sharp and directional but time will tell ofcourse we will have to wait and see.

Non the less I think it's fair to be skeptical as well prior to seeing something , as its equally ok to be hopeful prior to seeing the actual results.

History has proven that peedegree at a brand for 10 year while it was successful is not a guarantee for success as a solo Creative director.
Being part of a team and contributing to the creative directors vision, is like being a link in the chain with many more links.
Meaning its a the chemistry between a team member and the makes often for a moment in time as well take away some people , some farewell other less .

Some people are good at delegating under a set style and aesthetic and flourish others are questioning the brand or creative director taste and aesthetic by bring new ideas every season with in the team.

We will see what type of talent michael rider is and what his contribution was in the design depart and how much comes from his own personal take.

its just not so black and white someones CV/experience background

Lowkey… I’ve hated Polo ever since they discontinued the one type of no show sock I like. 😡🤬

So where's Hedi going now is the true question.
no where he doesnt need to go anywhere. he has exhausted his fashion ideas. maybe he can build a slimane brand since so many people are apparently following where he is going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->