Mineral Makeup

Help.
I have dry skin, but I use a moisturizing sunscreen.
Which is the best mineral makeup that won't be drying.
TIA

You might try Everyday Minerals' Original Glow formula.

Thanks pavement.
I was going to buy Philosophy's supernatural (I think that's what it's called) but thought I shoud ask here first.
I'll try Everyday Minerals'

I second pavement's comment. I have SUPER dry skin and EM original glow works like a charm for me. :wink:

thirding it - Original Glo is great, it doesn't dry your skin out at all :smile: Besides, Everyday Minerals arent tested on animals, and are priced very reasonably. Oh - and they give out free samples :cool:

Thanks everyone!
Where can I buy Everyday Minerals? Does Sephora sell it?

Wow, I just looked at their website and there are so many color choices. How do you choose the right color for concealers and foundations?

Thanks angel, it's important to me that Everyday Minerals isn't tested on animals.

For those out there who have tried Sheer Cover mineral foundation, would you recommend it?
The way it's marketted looks tempting and promising but I'd like to hear some opinions on this product before I actually buy it (don't want to be wasting money, you see).

Here's a link for those who want to read more about it:
http://www.beauty-minerals.com/more/16644-349.php

It's supposed to be very quick and easy to apply, covers well and is actually good for your skin...is there any truth in this?

Last edited by a moderator:
NO! This brand is absolutely horrible. Stay away I tell you! The foundation is abysmally cakey and thick with this off color orange shade that will never match your neck. Not to mention it feels like you have a slab of cement on your skin. I've tried both the light and the medium, but to no avail did the colors ever match my skin tone no matter how many times I mixed from the two color kits to concoct my own shade. Also in the sunlight, I've noticed a tint of greyness that makes one looks seriously ill. The brush is brisk on your skin and it just does not feel good. I think this would work for someone who is slightly ompa lumpa-esque from a perpetual tanning bed addiction and has a lot of imperfections to cover up. It was difficult in my opinion, to apply this foundation lightly as it just feels so chalky and masky. But note that I never wore foundation prior trying this, just occasionally tinted moisturizer. (I was tempted by the "Feels like you're wearing absolutely NOTHING!" sales pitch) I'd definitely say skip this and go for something else.

Actually Sheer Cover was the very 1st mineral makeup brand I tried. It was just so-so, IMO, and I stopped using it. I later tried Bare Minerals and have now switched to Everday Minerals, which is a gift from God. :smile: Anyway, I found Sheer Cover to be kind of cakey. It didn't give the flawless finish that other mineral makeups do.

Just bought a Jane Iredale compact! Also bought a flat powder brush (apparently your not supposed to use the round ones for powder foundation :rolleyes:). So expensive, but luckily I wasn't paying for it.

Before I used Cheap-O Covergirl Clean Foundation w/ L'oreal True Match Powder. The first was way too oily (as it was oil based), the second wayyyy to chalky and unnatural looking. I was pretty set on Maybelline Pure Makeup (water based foundation) until I saw myself in a picture looking like a freakin geisha.

I have light brown skin (african american), and I can never find a color that matches, let alone in both seasons. Hopefully it actually does match my skin tone tommorow morning and holds up against my oilyness.

I'll update later.

Wooo! Finally! This is the last time I hassle around with stuff from the drugstore (which I have been doing since I started wearing makeup :P )

Lets just say if you are using cheap face makeup and you want to upgrade, I recomend Jane Iredale.

It felt light all day, no gross sludge makeup mask on. Even now at the end of the day it doesn't look half as bad as the old stuff did after a couple of hours. I still got shine later on in the day, but not the 'abnormally polished' forhead shine. I just dabbed my face with a tissue and a little more powder and it was back in business, no streaking like the other.

no nasty breakouts but it does have bismuth (sp?) in it.

Best of all, it was all-in-one...if I needed more coverage I just added a bit more...

I sound like a bad commercial, hahah, but whatever! it was $50 well spent!

[FONT=&quot]Ive only bought a few samples to try out so I didn’t invest in a Kabuki brush but I think that is top of my list of things to get. Are there any good brushes that are not made from animal fur? Being a vegetarian Im not really keen on using a traditional brush which I gather is made of squirrel hair.[/FONT]

I've heard that the vegan kabuki brush from Forever Female is also very good. But it's not cheap though:
http://foreverfemale.com/shop/produ...-vegans-wholesale-retail&cName=kabuki-brushes

Everyday Minerals is absolutely the best thing I have ever used on my skin! I can't even imagine wearing liquid foundation anymore. Also, the blush in Fresh Air is like a golden god, it gives the most incredible glow. I'm pretty pasty though :smile:

I strongly recommend Signature Minerals to people with sensitive skin! I used to use Everyday Minerals but their mineral foundation made my face itch sometimes. But I still haven't found a good mineral foundation brush. Anyone have any recommendations?

i have oily-acne prone skin and have considered buying bare minerals but i have heard some so-so reviews on it. i'm kind of scared to use mineral foundation because i usually never wear foundation, i just don't want to make my skin worse. any body have any suggestions? would really appreciate it!

If your skin is all that oily, chel, then i wouldn't reccomend mineral makeup. I was a bare minerals b*tch back in the day, i used to shove that stuff ALL OVER my face, nonstop. it was crack to me. but at the end of the day, it fell into lines in my face, made my pores look huge, and made me super super shiny. for oily skin (me), you should use something more mattifying. At the moment, for an everday i use revlon colorstay, very medium coverage, great tones for pale skin, and extremely matte when used with some powder overtop, which is KEY for oily skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->