Minnetonka Moccasins

theyre sooooo comfortable, but yah dont wear them in rain or snow..your socks turn the color that they are

Im in serious need of a pair for years i have been loving them from a distance and they look so comfy but i just cant decided between brown and black! Anyone have ideas? For some reason i love the brown but feel like they might be a little hard to wear as its almost an orange tone to it. What do you guys think? Also would you trust this website https://www.buddysmoccasins.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
It seems okay, but im so paranoid with these things!! Shoebuy doesnt have the natural colours :(

^I would go with black personally.

But I still don't really get these shoes. There's are 'Minnesota' themed stores here at the Mall of America packed full of them, along with frumpy grandma sweatshirts and the like. I just can't think it's really cool.

I dunno, I wear a pair with my outfits a lot of the time, and since most of my outfits don't involve Minnesota sweatshirts, they give off a different sort of vibe, I really like mine, and am trying to find a pair of the suede kilty in purple, any suggestions??

i never thought i would have a pair of these, but i just got a pair of black ankleboots and i love them, they look so good with black skinny jeans

I didn't give in to this trend a few years back, and now i want a pair of the boots, do they really run a hole size large?

MoccasinsStillLoitering.jpg

whowhatweardaily

It's so funny. My sister and I are the only two persons who own a pair of minnetonkas in our whole town. Well, we have to be the coolest there. :lol:
I love these shoes, they're so comfortable it's almost frightening.

Why would one want to spend 495$ on a pair of Jimmy Choo booties when they can have the original Minnetonkas for much less? :rolleyes:

^ i tought of that too!

i have the minnetonka two button boot in black and i absolutely love em! so comfy.

i never thought i would have a pair of these, but i just got a pair of black ankleboots and i love them, they look so good with black skinny jeans

I'm thinking about getting a pair too

I have Minnetonka moccassins .. not the boots but the slip-ons. In brown nubuk. They're not the prettiest shoes ever but certainly the comfiest, seriously, I never want to take them off! And they do look good still. In a kind of quirky way.

Too bad these type of shoes don't have that much support. After an hour it's like my feet are stepping on rocks. But I still love em. I really need to buy a pair. They had some on sale at Aldo's.

I agree the pricing for the choo's is absurd, considering they are a knockoff but somehow i still love them. They jumped at me from the lookbook. I agree with the others that still love these. I'd love a pair of the short booties for spring

W_Two_63.jpg

I saw a girl wearing these in class the other day. they were partially folded down and I thought they were very cute! I like those supported by Mama Ritchie and Ms. Bilson above. I agree with meg on the short booties sentiment! I think I might get the above... What short booties does everyone else prefer?
[photo: minnetonkamoccasinshop.com]

I am still sporting the mocs from many years ago, they're still holding up! I absolutely cannot stand seeing the moccasin slippers that are only intended for home use out on the streets (the cheap, cheap target ones with so much faux fur, cotton-ball stuff inside.... they are as painful to me as what uggs are to others :lol: )

i was on the site a couple hours ago and noticed those too! i might have a look around my hometown though first. I come from an area with a long First Nations history and large population so I feel it would probably be better to support the local community than buy from minnetonka, even if it is slightly more expensive. I hope they have some cute styles like the above though....

Im looking for a tall boot that I can scrunch down for a different look. I kind of like Rachels. I think Kate scrunched hers down before... does anyone have any pics? The only problem is Im only 5 foot so Im not sure how scrunched those tall lace up ones would look on me but Im not sure if I like all the fringes on the ones Rachel is wearing. What to do lol.

^minnetonka's headquarters are very close to my hometown, so i guess i feel supportive :lol: ... but, i might also look to more local places (gives a certain unique effect to the whole boot, at least... nobody can walk in to the Walking Company and look just like you... )

I have some EXACTLY like the Choo ones that are Minnetonka that I got at a thrift store for 2.99!

tiffany7, i just don't think the front lace-up boots would look very decent if you scrunched them too much.

Fringeboot1229.jpg

these are the boots Rachel is wearing, I think they are your best bet.

Maybe the boots that lace on the side would look better scrunched down? but then again the website claims they are made for a more "streamlined look":
Fringeboot15721772.jpg

[images: totempolemn.com]

Your probably right. I know Kate scrunched her lace up boots down & they looked good but shes way taller than me so it probably wouldnt look good on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->