Misc. Celebrity Gossip

that's a terrible idea, why do they always want to ruin good movies with sequels that are not needed?

vmob84 said:
that's a terrible idea, why do they always want to ruin good movies with sequels that are not needed?

ITA. I definitely will not be seeing this. Besides, I have already suffered through hearing a decade + of played out Forrest Gump quotes. I don't think I can stand a new batch. "Life is like a box of chocolates..." AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Jennifer Garner: 'Global Warming Makes Me Cry'

By Jon Shanks
Mar 13, 2007
While [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Al [COLOR=blue! important]Gore[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] is taking heat from (of all places) the New York Times to 'cool it' with his over the top dire predictions on the planet exploding into a meltdown due to global warming, he still has Hollywood to back him with the emotional response he is looking for. According to a report from the Post Chronicle, actress Jennifer Garner is worried enough about the predicted tragedy that she is driven to tears over the issue.

jen_garner_affleck_002.jpg
A report online notes that Jennifer has confessed she cries more now she is a mother. The actress believes the experience has made her more caring. She said: "Since I became a mother, I cry more because I care about things more. "I can't watch a movie where something happens to a child. And I've always cared about global warming and [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]breast [COLOR=blue! important]cancer[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], but now there seems to be an urgency about them."
Meanwhile Gore is taking heat, so to speak, from an odd spot. William J. Broad writes in Tuesday's NY Times, "although Mr. Gore is not a scientist, he does rely heavily on the authority of science in 'An Inconvenient Truth,' which is why scientists are sensitive to its details and claims."

He adds: But part of his scientific audience is uneasy. In talks, articles and blog entries that have appeared since his film and accompanying book came out last year, these scientists argue that some of Mr. Gore’s central points are exaggerated and erroneous. They are alarmed, some say, at what they call his alarmism.

“I don’t want to pick on Al Gore,” Don J. Easterbrook, an emeritus professor of geology at [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Western [COLOR=blue! important]Washington [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]University[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], told hundreds of experts at the annual meeting of the Geological Society of America. “But there are a lot of inaccuracies in the statements we are seeing, and we have to temper that with real data.”
I'm not sure that real data is what is needed to push the agenda forward. Gore is looking for an emo response from those like Jennifer on this subject.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272612094.shtml

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->