Roisin Murphy : Lady Gaga stole my look!

I'd never even drawn a comparison... although I do kind of see it now. But as far as I'm concerned, Gaga is a caricature... she is definitely wearing these things for show and shock value. Maybe she is as passionate about clothes as Roisin, but it never comes across that way.

It's a pity that Roisin's words have been manipulated and splashed around... it does come across slightly bitter, even though I'm sure in person it was a casual aside.

she is not even pretty?
she looks like a man in the face?

some pics

-----source-----starpulse.com-----

Attachments

• Lady-Gaga-music-15.jpg
    Lady-Gaga-music-15.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Lady-Gaga-music-16.jpg
    Lady-Gaga-music-16.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Lady-Gaga-music-17.jpg
    Lady-Gaga-music-17.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Lady-Gaga-music-18.jpg
    Lady-Gaga-music-18.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Lady-Gaga-music-20.jpg
    Lady-Gaga-music-20.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Lady-Gaga-music-21.jpg
    Lady-Gaga-music-21.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 0
......and some Roisin Murphy

-----source-----contactmusic.com-----

Attachments

• roisin_murphy_2008230.jpg
    roisin_murphy_2008230.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • roisin_murphy_1957274.jpg
    roisin_murphy_1957274.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3
  • roisin_murphy_1865639.jpg
    roisin_murphy_1865639.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 2
  • roisin_murphy_1758458.jpg
    roisin_murphy_1758458.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 4
  • fashion_rocks_38_wenn1626567.jpg
    fashion_rocks_38_wenn1626567.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2
  • roisin_murphy_2081583.jpg
    roisin_murphy_2081583.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 4
  • roisin_murphy_2148149.jpg
    roisin_murphy_2148149.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1
i agree with whoever mentioned that gaga doesn't have time to think up all those eccentric outfits herself. no way.

the talent comment was by no way sarcasm... but yeah i had to listen to the accoustic gaga to agree.
i still do not like her but give credit where its due

Re Scott---no I think Roisin makes great pop music...I said it was 'amazing' in my last post :wink:

Sow into you is EPIC!;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpINtHXjLek

This article on Lady Gaga is very interesting...part of the illuminati?? :shock:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=1676

Someone also said on on a different forum 'That guy writes the same BS about every other popular artist, constantly contradicts himself and is shockingly paranoid.
He probably thinks his observations are disturbing, yet nothing is even remotely as disturbing as his level of obsession and religious mania.' :lol::lol:

I bet Roisin's record sales have jumped. I was watching her videos on youtube and all the recent comments are like 'omg shes much better than gaga' :lol:

HAHA well the starters always get the upper hand. No matter what, I don't find gaga any fashion icon, she's just yet another icon wannabe :S

Man oh man are some of you guys pretentious.
I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people have a problem with Lady Gaga. What has she done? She makes harmless, catchy pop songs and wears extravagant clothing. This gives people the warrant to say, "Eww she is ugly, she looks like a man" "Lady Caca has no talent, she is a hack." I get that these are peoples opinions but if we are talking about Roisin Murphy having "grace" compared to Lady Gaga maybe we should follow our own advice huh?

I honestly thought this being a fashion forum people would have some level of maturity over a Miley Cyrus fan forum. Grow up.

Now, to be on topic. As someone said posts back, neither of them are wholly original anyways and the ONLY similarities I see between them is eccentricity to be honest. Their music is NOTHING alike, their "personas" are NOTHING alike and to be honest their style is NOTHING alike beside being outlandish. This whole argument sounds like Britney vs Christina circa 2001. Once again, grow up people.

Yep that`s true!But not only Roisin is harmed.And i think that there is pretty enough free space on the planet earth for two of them.I love them both so i`m not the person who can judge.

There is a bit of similarities to Roisin and Lady G but Lady G's more updated.
Just like in fashion there are knockoffs extravaganza goings on or unknown designers creation having other boutiques put their labels on it and it's all legit, surprisingly enough. git my drift?

I can't believe the two are even compared. Lady Gaga makes watered-down, Mcdonaldized "electronic' music for the masses while Roisin makes quality music for those who look outside the top 40.

Compare Gaga to Britney or Pussycall dolls from now on, please. That's where she rightfully belongs.

well nowadays, there's so many 'stars' out there, NO ONE is truly original
and I'll just add, who IS this roisin murphy person? never even heard the name, so clearly it's all just out of pure jealousy towards lady gaga, kind of a la fefe dobson against rihanna :P

^well, roisin have much longer career than lady gaga , i don´t think she is jelous for gaga. she has longer career and does better music and it looks like she is not trying to be something, she just is unique and wonderful.

They may have a similar style. Gaga might be the copy cat. She once said that a good artist borrows but a great artist steals. That's her credo. But they are both so different. Gaga makes music for the mainstream but she sees that as a kind of art and I get and respect that.
I like both alot. Roisin because she makes such great music and Gaga because she dedicates herself to the people and trying to reach the single person. You can't really compare them at all although they seem so similar.

To be quite honest, if we are going to make ANY comparisons, what about Roisin and Goldfrapp? I have always felt Roisin was a boring, sub-par version of Goldfrapp anyways. People only salivate over Roisin because she has the "under the radar" factor. If Roisin came out at a mainstream artist she wouldn't be anywhere as near as charming to people as she is an "indie" artist. People tend to like people who aren't major so they can feel more cultured when in all actuality a lot of the times the under the radar artists aren't any more creative or inventive as the mainstream. She has producers like everybody else.

And before anyone comes up and says, "You know nothing about Roisin" blah blah. I listened to Roisin before she got her big break on Fashion Rocks which is where the majority of people found out about her in the first place. She is great but by no means is she some original inventive, electronic music genius as people paint her to be.

i have never heard of roisin murphy, maybe because i live in australia i don't know..

but although im no fan of gaga's music, im always interested to check her thread to see what she has been wearing.. i think she truly does love and live for fashion so it's not fair to critise her for expressing herself in her own way.. the media in many ways is threatened by gaga and tries to pinhole her by comparing her to other people, first c aguilera and now this girl..

To be quite honest, if we are going to make ANY comparisons, what about Roisin and Goldfrapp? I have always felt Roisin was a boring, sub-par version of Goldfrapp anyways. People only salivate over Roisin because she has the "under the radar" factor. If Roisin came out at a mainstream artist she wouldn't be anywhere as near as charming to people as she is an "indie" artist. People tend to like people who aren't major so they can feel more cultured when in all actuality a lot of the times the under the radar artists aren't any more creative or inventive as the mainstream. She has producers like everybody else.

And before anyone comes up and says, "You know nothing about Roisin" blah blah. I listened to Roisin before she got her big break on Fashion Rocks which is where the majority of people found out about her in the first place. She is great but by no means is she some original inventive, electronic music genius as people paint her to be.

Having been a fan of Moloko (Roisin's original band) since day one, I always found Goldfrapp to be a boring, sub-par version of both Moloko and to some degree Portishead.

Anyway, you really don't know much about Roisin if you just "discovered" her prior to Fashion Rocks a couple of years ago. She's been putting out material since 1995. Also, I "salivate" over her because the woman is indeed talented and worthy of every praise she receives. It has nothing to do with the public's lack of knowledge. Speak for yourself next time, bud. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->