Missoni S/S 2010 by Juergen Teller

This is absolutely bad! :lol: The **** were they thinking? I can almost guarantee these will not sell. These do not do the collection JUSTICE! And I hope they realize that when their sales plummet this season :rofl:.

What a terrible waste of a campaign. It's almost impossible to focus on anything because it's all whited out. I am saddened and disappointed by this. :cry::cry:

it's like they're punishing themselves for being good for a season and have to do this to balance things up.

A total Missoni overload in every single picture, which is great because I love everything Missoni. I like the campaign, it's very unglamuorous compared to what their campaigns usually look like. But I think it actually suits the brand ^_^

I love it! But everytime I look at it, It gives me a Marc Jacobs ad feeling

This is cute, though the shots were like taken from Margherita's MySpace page. Looks verrrry casual IMO. I think Annie Leibovitz would've captured the idea Missoni's after and make the photos look actually fabulous and fit for an ad campaign.

you've hit the nail on the head. annie leibovitz would've worked magic with this idea. it's a recession so WHY they did the "this is our family" sort of campaign makes sense because people need a reason to spend $1300 on a cardigan, but again, i just need to see how it translates to print. it's so true that leibovitz captures family so much better though -- look what she did for the coppolas and vuitton!

This is absolutely bad! :lol: The **** were they thinking? I can almost guarantee these will not sell. These do not do the collection JUSTICE! And I hope they realize that when their sales plummet this season :rofl:.

something tells me their sales are dropping ANYWAY since we're in a worldwide recession. the market for $800 knit tops isn't what it used to be. they're probably just cutting costs to ride out this storm.

What the hell is this? Looks like a family album. This is such a disappointment. :(

It's the ad...? The real ad there'll be in our magazines? :shock:
It's lovely, but not very... artistic imo.

I actually love it ^_^ I find it to be extremely refreshing and innovative. Love the casual, laid-back, kinda warm vibe it has to it. The only "downside" in a way, is the choice of the photographer. I don't see Teller and his aesthetic fit in well with the mood of the collection or of the shoot itself..but still, can't wait to see which shot the choose to print!

I love this ad actually, the whole warm vibe of the family being together and the colours perfectly attained by Teller's photography.

As much as I love Jurgen Teller, he does not sync well with the Missoni aesthetic, as much as Angela seems to think so.

Besides, Missoni is an Italian house and none of their recent ad campaigns seem to reflect this important history. For me, the best Missoni campaigns were Steven Meisel's. He seemed to capture a certain Italian sensibility in his campaigns. It was just a perfect match.

I just don't understand their approach with this. How is this going to motivate customers (old and new) to buy into the Missoni brand? Jurgen Teller's humorous approach works for brands like Marc Jacobs because humour/irony is synonymous with his aesthetic.

Let's face it, most of this looks very strange and redundant. The humour does not translate, at least for me, and it looks very editorial as well. They would have been better off shooting one solid photo of Margherita with some kind of concise creative direction rather than this! :innocent:

omg lol i love the idea. as soon as i read the title, i know there must be something different :lol:

i think it looks good esp the mens ad. wish mychceapbrokenass can buy that sweater/cardigan..i like juergen i might be biased thou...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees !!!!!!!!! i looooove the concept !!!! wonferful ! stuning ! great !!! perfect !!!!

Tina Barney could have done better.....

:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"