Missoni S/S 2012 by Juergen Teller

tarsha

Reaction score

PEDRO’S TURN: Missoni creative director Angela Missoni has secured famed director Pedro Almodóvar to front the brand’s new advertising campaign. Almodóvar, a friend of the designer, falls into place with the strong Spanish inspiration of Missoni’s spring collection.

Once again, the designer turned to Juergen Teller, who photographed the director; Missoni herself and her daughters Teresa and Margherita; Almodóvar favorites, actresses Rossy de Palma and Blanca Suarez, and model Mariacarla Boscono in Madrid’s hot spot Villa Rosa. “You eat tapas and dance flamenco there,” said Missoni of the locale, which appears in Almodóvar’s 1991 film “High Heels.” The venue and its dancers fit with Missoni’s idea of a “spontaneous” campaign, as the designer asked Teller for “dynamic photos. We all improvised freely. I would like for the images to talk about the company, not only of the product, and become institutional, moving beyond pure fashion photos.”

The ads will bow next month in March fashion titles.

wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.. could it be any more gaudy and hideous?. They always had good ads, it's weird that people with decent taste fall for stuff like this.

Wow, does Angela actually think that we want to see her and her family in the campaigns instead of models?!? :lol:

I like them, their fun and different and definitely suit the collection:D. Wouldnt have minded the use of more models in the clothes, Mariacarlas shots are my favorite, love her in the pink fringe dress:heart:

Wow, does Angela actually think that we want to see her and her family in the campaigns instead of models?!? :lol:

I don't. I always skip right past their ads. I was expecting something terrible and they fulfilled my expectations completely. They haven't had a decent collection since S/S10 and since then everything has been an eyesore, especially their campaigns. The only exception being F/W11 with Katlin Aas and Valerija Kelava.

it's the same old messiness all over again, I'm so tired of it....

For the first time in my life I don't know what MCB is doing in a campaign. She doesn't fit at at all. The Missoni family and Pedro + his favorite actress I understand, but MCB? It looks like she was just put in the campaign to remind people that this is a fashion campaign and not some ad for a mental institute.

omg...is this a dream? this is so so bad! the worst ad i´ve ever seen in my life (no joke). This is worst than every Jacobs ads by Teller or any other thing...no words! just no words

OMG I just came to the realization that this reminds me of Borat. Don't ask me why :ninja:

I thought we're not supposed to post the private Facebook photos?

Oh wait, it's the advertising campaign.

I've never liked any garments less than when they are photographed by Juergen Teller, and lately Missoni's are needing all the help they can get. I wish they would move on from this collaboration.

+ 2 more mariacarla's shot

10magazine.com

sXpB6.jpg

corriere.it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"