Miu Miu F/W 13.14 : by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin (Full Cast in Post #1)

I love Adriana but she doesn't fit at all here. The other girls look fresh and cool and she looks too "femme fatale", she was perfect in the last Miu Miu campaign but not in this one...

I love how dreary the campaign images are in contrast to the too cool for school video. I agree that Adriana doesn't fit here, surprisingly. She worked better with the cast last season.

Adriana should've been in the Prada campaign if Miuccia wanted her so bad. I agree that she doesn't fit here, but not in a bad way. She just looks too fierce, but it's not really noticeable when you have odd looking girls like Lindsey and Daphne. Like I said, it looks creepy.

Last edited by a moderator:
its odd how great the video looks compared to the actual campaign shots.. i feel like some of the stills would have even worked better.

I'm dying for an Emily and Adriana shot though!!! lol

What is the concept/idea behind this all?

I dont dislike this but there is a huge random effect in the whole campaign. Random concept, random casting, random styling; it doesnt really make sence. This is one of those campaigns that would look great in a simple white background because the prints are so bold, anyway the models poses are great at least.

Wow, I love Adriana's shots. I actually like the campaign more seeing it as a whole.

From miumiu.com

Evoking a spirit of adventure and daring, the Fall/Winter 2013 campaign captures the passage of girls in a twilight cinema-scape loaded with intrigue, imagination and femininity. Set at the end of a seaside pier, their stories unfurl against a mysterious cityscape and vanishing horizon, brought to life in an up-tempo quirky dance video where the models move harmoniously with the rhythm and mood of the music. While standing on the dock of the bay waiting for a ferry, they dance away the fun of the night before returning home in the early morning.

In a fabricated reality of noir optimism, Inez & Vinoodh capture a diverse and exhilarating cast of characters including Katlin Aas, Emily DiDonato, Daphne Groeneveld, Georgia May Jagger, Adriana Lima, Marina Nery, Hind Sahli, Anne Verhallen and Lindsey Wixson. From these curious rendez-vous materializes the idiosyncratic sense of adventure that encapsulates this collection.

What a disaster this is! It looks like a sad and tragic freak show / carnival / circus. I'm sorry but everything about this is terrible and what makes it worse is the fact that all the elements clash together in a way that is neither beautiful or interesting for that matter.

And the video! So contrived and lame! I just don't understand the vision here? Is there even one?

Last season's campaign was flawless. All the elements came together in a beautiful way. Its the kind of campaign that lingers on the mind, if only for its intelligence and elegance. I wonder what went so wrong for this season...

Such a week season from Miu Miu for me.

For some reason it doesn't work. Clothes aside, not very fond of the casting and overly fake-looking background. Also, I'm not getting the video, doesn't really go together with the shots. This is the first time I'm not bying their ad story.

Glad to see Katlin, though.

Not impressed after seeing the full campaign. Let's hope there will be additional eyewear shots.

So they use the old campaign format (with models names/shooting date/place) again, this time they even add the photographers' names.:shock:

The only thing I like about this is Hind.
The styling of the models doesn't make them a very cohesive group -- Daphne's hair doesn't give a very vintage feel, and Georgia looks too sexy.
The fake backdrop doesn't bother me, but the contrast of the models against it does, it looks really amateur.

Just, no.

The cast is horrible. Only Daphne, Lindsey and Hind fit the Miu Miu vibe. Adriana and Georgia don't really fit. The concept is not great also.

everyone says adriana doesnt fit, but she is one of the few girls i like in this along with marina, hind, and lindsey (surprisingly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookbabe001
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->