Miu Miu F/W 2021.22 : Emma Corrin by Steven Meisel

She looks oddly like a chicken, but I am beyond thrilled to see Meisel collaborating with Miuccia again! Hopefully their collaboration at Miu Miu doesn't stop anytime soon.

It's so frustrating when you read Meisel's name and come up with an expectation of something so good... But I don't think even he could save this collection. Miu Miu was coming a series of good campaigns... Sad!

Photography: Steven Meisel
Styling: Lotta Volkova
Creative Direction: M/M Paris
Talent: Emma Corrin

miumiu_color_jpg.1280.1280.jpg

miumiu.com

I guess I will judge it when I see it in the advertisement format with logo inside a magazine, but so far it feels kinda bland...

This was a good collection, the styling is actually well done and Emma does pull of most of the looks. But I can't help but feel underwhelmed by the photography, seems pretty low-scale in comparison to the S/S 2021 ad.

She looks good, the clothes look good but it lacks the magic touch.

they were deffo going for Drew or Chloe but this what we got.

I actually enjoyed some of her shots for British Vogue but here there isn’t a single good one.

I'm into that! He's recycling that Cindy Sherman x Gisele x Balenciaga concept but I like it.

I really think the only shot that works is the cream colored quilted bra top and skirt photo.

Something isn't right about the rest...I see what they were going for...but it's not there.

I have an irrational dislike of seeing Emma Corrin in print, and at first, I thought I just disliked the hype around her role in the The Crown.

But as time goes on... no, I just don't like seeing her in print. While she looks naturally lovely in candid photography, there's something faintly ludicrous about how she comes across in fashion shoots, like she's trying too hard to play the role. The only time she looked at ease was in her UK Vogue cover story.

But I don't expect an actress to be a model, it's the rare person who can do both well.

Vuitton should have signed her instead of Alicia! I mean, there’s already more versatility and sparkle in this than in anything Alicia has done for them…

I love the campaign. I’m not necessarily the biggest fan of Lotta but it can add a new perspective to Meisel’s work.

It’s very early 2010’s Balenciaga and somehow it looks more like an Ed than a campaign. I don’t dislike it but it might translate better on print.

A close-up that could easily pass for a late 90s Vogue Italia cover, reminds me of a 2002 cover with Emily Sandberg. The campaign is certainly growing on me!

The styling & background are great, but her pose ruins every ad & the campaign become it boring & no direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->