Reaction score
00010m.jpg

00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg

00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg

00060m.jpg

Men.Style.com

Oh, and I have no idea if this was in Milan or Paris. I'd assume Paris, but I'm not certain.
00070m.jpg

00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg

00110m.jpg

00120m.jpg

Men.Style.com

00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg

00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg

Miu Miu sometimes gets her kicks from being at odds with big sister Prada, but this season, the two were in sync when they offered a stretched seventies silhouette for their tailoring, narrow in the thigh, slightly flared at the ankle. The effect was amplified at Miu Miu by a two-buttoned jacket that closed high on the chest: A simple detail, but it effectively elongated the torso and made for a more formal look. This being Miu Miu, the formality was promptly undercut by cropped trousers and sandals that looked like a hippie version of Scottish gillies, worn with a thick sock (of course) to compound the slightly adolescent gawkiness that Miuccia relishes in her Miu Miu boys. In the past, she's mentioned that this collection is infused with a nostalgic spirit—a recalled memory of other times—and that idea was evident in tops that were piped like pajamas or collarless like old-school baseball shirts. The caps might have been worn by Boy Scouts in the 1920s.

And it was that same decade that could have produced the silky chinoiserie-style shirt-and-pant combos (OK, let's call them pajamas) that were a variant on a central idea from Miuccia Prada's own collection. One of the foundations of the collection was the idea that the clothes should look old but well-cared-for. So the suiting fabrics were treated to appear worn, shirts were faded along imagined folds, ties were stitched together from pieces of other ties (in numbered, limited editions, so mind the carbonara sauce). It's such attention to arcane detail that captures the imagination and makes clothes a little more than…well, clothes. And it's why we love Miuccia.
— Tim Blanks
Men.Style.com

Some stuff is a little too "grandma" (the floral silk pajama looking number in post 4) but overall- not bad. Some of the pants (wide leg) are gorgeous, I think... interesting prints, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
i want those shorts. i first need to lose 10 pounds though...

i don't understand how it's different from prada!!!! i DID like prada, but she may have offered something different for a change!

i think overall it s quite good; the typical quirky prada clothes.
some stuff i would want to know how can non models pull it off, when they even hardly look good on the models, like the yellow floral top and trousers, even worn separately, can be a challenge.
the shoes are nice but the first two pairs in the pictures above somehow reminded me of campers...
i do like it in general.

i like most of it except the prints... just keep the monochrom...
and those ballerina for men?? with sock in it???... needn't to say what i think...

and fun I saw my "highschool" (so 5-6 yrs ago) look in this... except I didn't wear socks in the sandals...

men.style.com

I dont like the flares at all and the looks with shorts look like they forgot their pants.

I think they might work if the outfits are matched in a different way.

Btw, the models are so cute!!

it's better than Prada, still I don't like it either.

Funny, I thought we had put those flares away. The shorter and/or wide versions look new, especially with the Asterix sandals and dress socks.
I've always lusted for Charvet robes and pajamas (and printed bow ties!) so I could easily splash out for a silky PJ ensemble.

honestly, i think i just slipped off my chair and hit my head. she has taken this just a little too far this time, but let me not judge until the prada machine gets warmed up....

Tim Blanks said:
to compound the slightly adolescent gawkiness that Miuccia relishes in her Miu Miu boys. In the past, she's mentioned that this collection is infused with a nostalgic spirit—a recalled memory of other times— ... One of the foundations of the collection was the idea that the clothes should look old but well-cared-for. So the suiting fabrics were treated to appear worn, shirts were faded along imagined folds, ties were stitched together from pieces of other ties
I love this
Great concept

I think the striped shirts that are printed only half way and the rest of the fabric is left blank, what a cool idea.. Love the shape of the narrow shoes and the whole 'length' of a lot of the governments.. And I also like the 'PJs', 'baseball collar,' and 'grandma' style :P

i agree with vetements though.. Some of the clothes by Prada can be a bit overbearing in colours or prints, seems that it would take a model or someone with an odd face for it to work well

Other than the pants and some of the shoes, it's quite nice, the prints can be a bit tricky but they're still lovely, the not-completely striped shirts are pretty great too. I'm particularly taken with the third look in the second post, I'm such a sucker for boys in shorts and mid-calf socks/boots.

I find it slightly...sorry I can't quite think of the word but..."child molester"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annaaa123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->