Model Casting S/S 2025

Noticing a TON of models slowing down this season… the common denominator being PG between just about all of them. Seems to have dropped a lot of girls from his radar.

22 newcomers booked as Prada-exclusives? Would have been funnier with 40 or 45 of them, like a full cast of new models, straight out of the blue or almost... At least that would have made sense in its nonsense :lol:
It's some kind of a bitter reminiscence of that season they had Adina Forizs opening (with even less than a little dozen of one-hit-wonders back then). Did they call Russell Marsh for advice before the show this season? Did he answer them, while knitting, that they should go for the most random they can?

Seriously, september used to be the most exciting month of the year. Times ago. Magazines, show packages, shows and then my 4th and last yearly trip to Paris at the very end of the month. Sure, everything wasn't perfect at all back then. Far, far from it. There were many things I deeply disliked from this era (like "models of color" basically meant booking Chanel Iman to look less racist, or hearing every single day "she's not doing the shows, she's too fat this season" and so on). Today we do have that diversity in terms of color, size, look, age etc. and most of what we get is pure gimmick...

Perhaps it's big time to re-think the whole thing as a whole. Seasons don't mean much anymore (fashion or weather) and a lot of people/brands/magazines just aim to look/sound/seem appealing for some 15 seconds on social medias.

There are still tons of beauty out there, tons of interesting things being done for whoever loves digging a tad deeper. Honestly, when it comes to models, there are more amazing faces than ever before, every single agency's got at least 2-3 ones about whom I would have loved to say "I scouted them" yet meanwhile talent has never been wasted like this. If there weren't the "for my eyes only"-option in my mind, I'd say it's all gloomy and depressing. Or heartbreaking?

I miss the good ol days when we have unforgettable exclusives from Prada & Gucci
Abbey Lee & Karlie for Gucci or Sasha, Gemma & Irina K for Prada :blush:

So many new faces and no excitement in sight.
To me the most impressive new faces are Stella Hanan and Noemi Kassa, the
most beautiful girl at Bottega (look 65)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->