Model Casting S/S 11

lol white power ...when was the last time they use black girls? fw09? i only remember jordan was there

Chanel casting was great though... but a lot of model, newbies and rising stars were there, and no Jourdan Dunn for example...?

Yup, great cast at Chanel, though it's sad that there weren't any black models. :cry:

^yes:judge::angry:...also last season there weren´t any black model!!!and and i believe this happened in the past 2 years:judge:....

I wonder why Karl likes Asians but not African-Americans/Africans.

the economy perhaps? And i don't mean to be daft by saying people of african heritage don't buy chanel, they do of course.. but he has hosted a resort show in Shanghai for a reason... Asia is one of the PREMIER markets for luxury goods, he may be catering to that market.

but this discussion i think is more appropriate for the diversity/modeling thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Chanel cast was maybe okay but there were way too many girls, where's the point if everyone walks Chanel?

no black girls, it's a shame
Jourdan, Melodie or Joan would be amazing on the show!!
Is this why I love Alber Elbaz castings!!!

The Chanel cast was BS......how you cast a gazillion girls, and not one of them is of color?:doh:

Asian girls count as 'color' as they are not white.....

The casting at Alexander McQueen wasn't very....... McQueen. Where's Alla? Irina K.? And most importantly, Tanya?! I'm glad Frida and Karlie were there though.

^ i totally agreed... aside from chanel, i was hoping mcqueen casting would be mcqueen... disappointed with that

It's a new designer (Although Sarah Burton worked so closely with McQ), and the collection was very nature-inspired, so there were a lot of young, bird-like girls (Theres, Simona, Iris Egbers, Ji Lili, Hanna Samokhina, Nimue who closed, etc.). I personally loved the casting myself...a refreshing take that signals a new era.

Not to mention that McQueen is back-to-back with Kenzo who has a huge anniversary show planned, so they might've lost out on some bigger names because of that as well.

What do you mean with bird-like girl (a)?
There were anyway a lot of Dutch girls in the cast :smile:

i agree, was very odd. juju is not birdlike at all. julija step? lindsey hoover? :cry:i didnt see a point of view. it feels to sweet to be mcqeen. to normal and pretty. i was so looking to this one to be the dark mcqeen i miss.:cry:

McQueen line up was great, quite cozy and beautifully modulated unlike those overdone & overhyped show castings of this season. Still, they booked some "filling girls" a la Julija, Lisanne, Simona, Marike and so on, but Hanna S, Iris E, Kasia W & Nimue S were definitely the "visual" highlights of that show.

I really hate the word filling girls. I think Lisanne is really pretty and very natural and her face doesn't distract the clothes (if you know what I mean haha).

Ait thanks :smile:

I enjoyed the McQueen casting for the most part. Although girls like Karmen seemed to stick out pretty badly. The collection seemed very soft and almost childlike, as if it was paying a dreamy homage to Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland.

I just wish they would have cast some black girls like Lyndsey Scott or Melodie Monrose in the show. In my opinion they would have fit the collection perfectly. Especially the last half of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonapy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->