Model Casting S/S 2025

Noticing a TON of models slowing down this season… the common denominator being PG between just about all of them. Seems to have dropped a lot of girls from his radar.

22 newcomers booked as Prada-exclusives? Would have been funnier with 40 or 45 of them, like a full cast of new models, straight out of the blue or almost... At least that would have made sense in its nonsense :lol:
It's some kind of a bitter reminiscence of that season they had Adina Forizs opening (with even less than a little dozen of one-hit-wonders back then). Did they call Russell Marsh for advice before the show this season? Did he answer them, while knitting, that they should go for the most random they can?

Seriously, september used to be the most exciting month of the year. Times ago. Magazines, show packages, shows and then my 4th and last yearly trip to Paris at the very end of the month. Sure, everything wasn't perfect at all back then. Far, far from it. There were many things I deeply disliked from this era (like "models of color" basically meant booking Chanel Iman to look less racist, or hearing every single day "she's not doing the shows, she's too fat this season" and so on). Today we do have that diversity in terms of color, size, look, age etc. and most of what we get is pure gimmick...

Perhaps it's big time to re-think the whole thing as a whole. Seasons don't mean much anymore (fashion or weather) and a lot of people/brands/magazines just aim to look/sound/seem appealing for some 15 seconds on social medias.

There are still tons of beauty out there, tons of interesting things being done for whoever loves digging a tad deeper. Honestly, when it comes to models, there are more amazing faces than ever before, every single agency's got at least 2-3 ones about whom I would have loved to say "I scouted them" yet meanwhile talent has never been wasted like this. If there weren't the "for my eyes only"-option in my mind, I'd say it's all gloomy and depressing. Or heartbreaking?

I miss the good ol days when we have unforgettable exclusives from Prada & Gucci
Abbey Lee & Karlie for Gucci or Sasha, Gemma & Irina K for Prada :blush:

the gag is penelope is not even a fresh face aha she's been booking and busy since 2019 but that yves saint laurent ad campaign catapulted her to new heights!

Bella is rumored to walk the Yves Saint Laurent spring 2025 fashion show on september 24th as a worldwide exclusive! ^_^
btw bella just arrived in paris to walk the show as an exclusive as previously stated!

Alex Consani had a very poor season in Milan.. No versace, gucci, D&g, prada, fendi...
Tiktok is ruined her career lol
The fact she's nominated for model of the year is a big joke
its clearly obvious that piergiorgio has been snubbing her for the longest time since her breakout season..🙄 when was the last time this man casted a trans model for more than 2 shows? probably 7 years 😅

Honestly u guys care too much about Prada's exclusive girls when we all know those exclusive contracts no longer hold much weight.
Prada doesn't have the same power to create industry superstars as they once did.
When was the last time a Prada girl’s career skyrocketed after walking their show?
It was probably Anok Yai, six years ago, and she wasnt even an exclusive!

A Prada Exclusive used to mean so much, dare I say an exclusive contract with Saint Laurent triumphs over Prada

It's disgusting to see Girls like Daria Strokous and Vanessa Moody doing Z list shows like Elisabetta Franchi while Selena Forrest is doing Gucci and Versace just because she is part of the PGDM mafia.

Daria’s career definitely benefited from connections she made in the fashion industry outside modelling that raised her profile; I think models like her suffer because the figures that brought them to prominence are no longer influential, or because the model has taken a extended sabbatical. I doubt contemporaries of Daria like Karmen Pedaru or Kasia Strauss would fare any better, and Selena may face the same roadblocks down the line. It is a shame that Vanessa has been sidelined again immediately after her comeback.

I miss the good ol days when we have unforgettable exclusives from Prada & Gucci
Abbey Lee & Karlie for Gucci or Sasha, Gemma & Irina K for Prada :blush:

One thing I don’t miss about that era is that if there was an exclusive you didn’t find appealing, it was likely you’d have to tolerate them for a few seasons because there were so few new models able to break through. I’m not so sure those models would be able to now (maybe Abbey and Gemma, because they’re quite singular beauties).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CincyCritic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->