Models Turning To Actresses

Originally posted by PradaP+Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:12 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PradaP @ Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:12 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blumarine@Jun 5th, 2004 - 5:00 am
Milla Jovovich got her acting career still being a model (and now she lands roles such as the one she's got on "Resident Evil", and she does it well!)
I loved her in the Fifth Element! orange hair and all :P [/b][/quote]
I cannot think of anyone but her to play that role!

The best model-turned actress (although she still models) is Milla Jovovich. She pulls the BEST facial expressions ever lol

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Jun 1st, 2004 - 8:47 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (purplelucrezia @ Jun 1st, 2004 - 8:47 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Amelié@Jun 1st, 2004 - 8:29 pm
i think Gemma Ward will try acting...she was doing a few tv commericals for a while in perth...
I think that she also took acting back in high school. :flower: So she might actually be alright. [/b][/quote]
yeh she was at my agency...but i wasn't in her class...my friend was...she was good.

Originally posted by x5violet@Jun 5th, 2004 - 1:55 am
Were all the cast in the movie Head over Heels all models too?i know Shalom Harlow was in it and she was quite good :lol: . i thought it was an adorable movie! :flower:
I know it was a stretch for her to play a model! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by x5violet@Jun 5th, 2004 - 12:55 am
Were all the cast in the movie Head over Heels all models too?i know Shalom Harlow was in it and she was quite good :lol: . i thought it was an adorable movie! :flower:
Tha aussie one was a model, Sarah O'hare, shes a beautiful girl and not that I was old enough to know at the time but I think she did quite well as a model in the mid 90's internationally.

has anyone mentioned tyra banks?

lifesize anyone? :innocent:

159408.jpg

Lauren Hutton in American Gigilo. She was OK , I just loved the movie.
Naomi in Girl 6- and Jungle Fever.
Audrey Hepburn was a model first , right?
The black guy from CSI TV show was a model for a while.
Also the lead guy from Vegas TV show( Josh Demiel is his name I believe).
Cindy Crawfords movie sucked with that Baldwin brother.

Shalom Harlow was also in 'How to lose a guy in 10 Days'.

I loved Milla in the Fifth Element, she was brilliant. It's still my fave movie !

Ashton Kutcher started out as a model and hit it big right away(Ralph or Calvin, I forget which) then went on to acting and the rest is history in the making.

Delfine Bafort - Steve + Sky
Molly Simms - Las Vegas (TV show)
Carmen Kass - Welcome to America
Kristanna Loken - Terminator 3
Laetitia Casta - Asterix & Rue de plaisirs
Talisa Soto - Mortal Kombat 1 & 2
Patricia Velazquez - Zapata & a TVshow with Liza Minelli...
Devon Aoki - 2 fast 2 furious
Diane Kruger - Troy
Eva Herzigova - Modigliani
Gisele Bundchen - a remake of Taxi
the bunch of girls in Zoolander, maybe not acting but in there...

A lot of those are still in the making...

Irina Pantaeva was in one of the Mortal Kombat movies too. Her English was really hard to understand, though. :huh:

Originally posted by SCBlondie@Jun 5th, 2004 - 6:44 pm
Actresses are turning into models, so why not?
it takes a lot less to be a model than an actor. I dont think many people realise how much theory is behind drama and the skill of acting, its a lot of hard work and everything an actor articulates (both verbal and non verbal communication) has had skills applied to it and their knowledge of drama practices behind it.
Screen acting is a lot easier than theatre acting, so I guess thats why models go to screen work.

Trish Goff has done an indie in the last year or so with Ally Sheedy...has screened at festivals, but no distributor yet.

I saw the trailer for Sin City a few days ago and noticed that Devon Aoki was in it. She was wielding a couple of samurai swords and some sort of swastika-shaped energy bolt thingy. I also saw that James King and former/part-time models Alexis Bledel and Rosario Dawson were in it too. It's an intriguing trailer but I hope the movie has some substance to go along with all that style.

ETA: The trailer at http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/sincity.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Patricia Velazquez - she was also in The Mummy films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->