Models And Actresses

DeLaRentaGirl

Reaction score
I know this has probably been talked about quite a bit here but I can't help it. I am so sick of seeing Kate Hudson, Jennifer Garner, Uma Thurman, and every other smiley actress on the cover of Vogue and other magazines. I like all those actresses, but I know thier life stories. I want to see a model who I know nothing about except she's probably thrilled to be on the cover of Vogue whereas for celebrities its not as big of a deal probably. I don't want Scarlet J. or Jennifer Lopez selling me designer brands, I want models! Soon all models are going to have (in America at least) is the catwalk. And you never know, actresses might want those too.

The occasional actress on the cover of a magazine is nice, but we're just too obsessed with them nowadays. :angry:

i agree. whenever there's an actress on the front cover...like nicole kidman is now for Australia, i don't buy vogue.
i agree with you and would so much rather see a model on the cover. leave the actresses for your TV guide or gossip magazine!!!!

i hate seeing the damn same actresses on all the magazine covers, ooooover and oooover again. soooo boring.

Originally posted by Versus_1@May 12th, 2004 - 9:31 pm
i agree. whenever there's an actress on the front cover...like nicole kidman is now for Australia, i don't buy vogue.
i agree with you and would so much rather see a model on the cover. leave the actresses for your TV guide or gossip magazine!!!!
Nicole is on Vogue Us too. Plus, she was in like, september 2003 so, not far away ! Always the same actresses on the cover. I'm sure Renee Zelwegger will be appearing soon again. :doh:

I agree ... though there's this special situation ... just today I found out Candice Bergen did the cover of Vogue when very young ... OMG! I just cant get over it! She looked stunning!

i agree with this entire exception. i like that vogue is really trying to do something different with the same face...i think that vogue understands the power of celebrity in america and that's why they continue to go with actresses (that and all of the money they are receiving from the big studios both in advertising, etc.)

i would love to see models again bc at the end of the day, models still look best in the clothes. i see renee zellweger in something and many times i'm turned off to it...but i see liya kebede in something it stirs something entirely different. :blush:

I just read a real interesting article on this subject on the fashist forum. (New models blog) This guys theory is that someone has certain editors in their pocket.
This seems to be in agreement with mikeijames' post.

I agree with everything you said. I wish I could add but I think you said it all. :innocent:

why should i watch clothes being worn by really skinny models whose figure doesn't look anything like mine. i love seeing clothes on real people!!! :angry:

*just remembered a Dove (i don't know if u have this company in US) commercial that has curvey natural looking people in their anti-cellulite/trimming cream commercial and then some l'oreal or other fancier company had a really skinny girl saing 'i must take control over my body' i was like.. WHAT??? so you are gonna start eating now?!! very frustrating*

..lays low now.. :ninja:

Originally posted by sashatheelf@May 14th, 2004 - 2:42 am
so you are gonna start eating now?!! very frustrating*

it is also very frustrating when anyone infers you dont eat because you are thin.
but like how can she be selling me anti cellulite cream when she doesn't even have any?? or anything else that would need trimming :shock: :blink: :wacko:

*and i'm sorry, i know some people have a very good metabolism and they stay thin naturally - i have friends like that*

but like how can she be selling me anti cellulite cream when she doesn't even have any?? or anything else that would need trimming

*and i'm sorry, i know some people have a very good metabolism and they stay thin naturally - i have friends like that*

its okay im used to it.

and i understand your point about the fixer-upper stuff. like when victorias secret models have the contouring lift and shape underwear on, i dont get it, because its not like theyre having those problems. (that i am aware of)

maybe heidi now...she had a baby...haha

Originally posted by crazy_k@May 13th, 2004 - 7:06 pm
why should i watch clothes being worn by really skinny models whose figure doesn't look anything like mine. i love seeing clothes on real people!!! :angry:

and i think thats why the celebrities are on the covers. besides the star power, people also realize that many celebrities have flaws too. renee zellwigger is far from perfect. jennifer garner seems "real". models seem to have the unattainable beauty that makes american women insecure. i think that the people who buy these magazines also want to relate to the beautiful women they see on the covers. models are just images in their minds. not all women want that.

models are always going to be better than actresses/musicians/etc. in terms of beauty.

I am :sick: :sick: :sick: of seeing celebrities' cheesy smiles on the mag covers.
Models give me a sort of classy,unique vibe that stars just DON'T.

I think that actresses should stick to their f*cking acting careers..and stop
taking away from our models's careers...what is even the point of them
trying to model or even being put on the cover...they don't represent what
a model is..Vogue and every other fashion magazine is not meant for
Paltrow and Lopez or Kidman or Garner or whoever..else..it is meant
for tall beautiful models..I am also so f*cking sick of seeing those beautiful
magazine covers being wasted on them.

Boring
:angry: and also :sick: :sick: :sick:

First it's Vogue...then it's the catwalk...soon models will be on the endangered species list... :cry:

( I love Renee Z. as an actress, awesome in Bridget Jones but lord! I can't stand her squinting! :doh: )

Originally posted by crazy_k@May 13th, 2004 - 6:06 pm

*just remembered a Dove (i don't know if u have this company in US) commercial that has curvey natural looking people in their anti-cellulite/trimming cream commercial and then some l'oreal or other fancier company had a really skinny girl saing 'i must take control over my body' i was like.. WHAT??? so you are gonna start eating now?!! very frustrating*

..lays low now.. :ninja:
I don't think you understand. I'm not interested in "relating" to these women. How can I relate to somebody who makes $40 million a year and has a personal trainer round the clock. I am more interested in beautiful covers, not the bland ones that :
Kate Hudson
Drew Barrymore
Renee Zelweger
And compare them to a model:
Nadja
Nicki Taylor
Gisele

These fashion magazines are now turning into celebrity gossip magazines and it flat out sucks. If I want an update on Jennifer Garner's love life I'll pick up Us Weekly. But I want to read about what I love: fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->