• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Nail Polish #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i find colours other than red childish at the moment (at least on my hands!) but these yellow tones are so great and summery..im surprised at how good they look even without a full on tan!

i need a really great light - almost white LAVENDAR....
i got an opi lavendar one but it turns out more pink. i need a more grey-lavendar...
anyone?

^ I'm sure somebody can give you a color, but when I need really specific colors that I can't find myself, I usually just mix polishes to get what I need and it always works. :ninja: If you're up for some experimentation! :lol:

i need a really great light - almost white LAVENDAR....
I might already posted that, but maybe you find it helpful. This is Luxurious Lavender from LCN.:flower: It's really really light in person.
img01036.jpg

img01033.jpg

my pics
Or maybe China Glaze Agent Lavender?
agent3.jpg

source

God I LOVE lavender/purple/violet etc. It's my favorite color.

What does LCN stand for?

^ It's just another name brand. Here is a color chart, surely not as good as seeing the actual polish, but whatevs. :smile:

i have been trying to persuade myself to try new colours besides red as well, and lavender is really catching my eye at the moment as well.so went to boots and got the cheapest lavender nail polish I could find..collection 2000 fast dry nailpolish. i have to say i wasnt dissapointed with it at all! needs a top coat but besides that it came out quiet even and nice and the colour is quiet dark though..

I find Pandamonium Pink from the OPI hong kong collec is a faint lavender. more pale-pale-lavendery than pink IMO.

but my favourite lilac will always be OPI Do You Lilac It. it's so gorgeous.

Has anyone tried OPI Hot&Spicy from the new Hong Kong collection? I saw some swatches on the web but would like to hear about impressions of those who tried it? thanks.

on another note I got OPI Over the Taupe, Hey! Get in Lime and Parlez Vous OPI? just because I found them on sale 30% off, also Essie Mesmerize:blush:

Over The Taupe I bought reluctantly, never though I would like it especially but it turned out to best best of them all - really goes well with my skin, and everyone noticed it. Looks extremely similar to new Chanel Particuliere.
I had my high hopes for Parlez-vous OPI? but frankly I am dissapointed with it, even thinking about selling it or giving away - it is just too grayish for my liking, looks very dead shade.
Get in Lime is really nice and fresh color, just a bit streaky and not as good formula as newer OPI's.
Essie Mesmerize I got because I could not find OPI Dating a Royal anywhere, and they seem to be almost identical, great color, I love it!

my recent purchases also include Bourjois So Laque - Rose Sulphureux and Beige Glamour, Rimmel - Flirty Coral and Hot Gossip, and now I definitely own way too many nail polishes and should STOP spending money on them(as soon as I get my hands on Hot & Spicy:ninja:)

will try to post pictures here when I fix my camera

Wish we had Essie nail polishes in my country:(They look amazing and have so many great colours.

I finally got my Mad As a Hater, can't wait to try it!:woot:

Has anyone tried OPI Hot&Spicy from the new Hong Kong collection? I saw some swatches on the web but would like to hear about impressions of those who tried it? thanks.
I am wearing this on my fingers right NOW :lol:
It is lovely - to be honest though, I would prefer it if it were more pastel. When I looked at photos online, I thought it was a much softer orange. It's not.
it's not as garish/loud/neon as a lot of oranges tend to look on me, but it's not as soft as I had hoped it would be.
Still my fav orange though! I have had quite a few comments on it :smile:

my recent purchases also include Bourjois So Laque - Rose Sulphureux and Beige Glamour, Rimmel - Flirty Coral and Hot Gossip, and now I definitely own way too many nail polishes and should STOP spending money on them(as soon as I get my hands on Hot & Spicy:ninja:)

will try to post pictures here when I fix my camera

I have that one - it's a really nice colour and great quality too :smile:

Another good lavender is Essie St. Lucia Lilac. It's not that pale but it's a really nice colour and it feels very spring-y, if that makes any sense ^_^

Essie-ST.-Lucia-Lilac-8-28-09-300x225.jpg

Source: http://antoniab.com/?p=393

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maneaterwife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"