Nail Polish #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Chanel in a light shade or french manicure from Manicare. =]

I wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed to be the best thread.

I've been trying to find some good nail polish, but I can't seem to find any. It's either that the nail polish really is cr*p, or that I am painting my nails wrong.

I have always painted my nails with two coats of nail polish in 1-3 strokes, always starting in the centre and then filling out the edges. With my old nail polishes this turns out perfectly fine; no lumps or ridges and the polish is opaque and not transparent. With the polishes I have bought here in Canada it just leaves my nails looking like they are stained because the polish is still transparent after applying two layers. Judging by how see-through it is, I will be sitting painting my nails a hell of a long time to get it completely opaque!

Am I painting my nails the wrong way, or have I just bought the wrong polishes? If it's the latter, can anyone recommend any good brands that are opaque and not transparent?

I love Orly from more or less cheap brands, I haven't tried Chanel etc. yet, may be they are better :-)

Hey someone what the tendance right now ? the color we should put ?

^Realy deep tones (almost black)... mauve, burgundry, deep brown, black...

My all time favorite is Chanel's Vamp or Rouge/Noir (US)

La bordélique said:
How many days do the Chanel vernis last before it starts to chip?

Oh, not much i would say (sadly because i love them) about 2 days for me....Estee Lauder's and Helena Rubinstein's last the longest.

Eurasian Mélange said:
I wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed to be the best thread.

I've been trying to find some good nail polish, but I can't seem to find any. It's either that the nail polish really is cr*p, or that I am painting my nails wrong.

I have always painted my nails with two coats of nail polish in 1-3 strokes, always starting in the centre and then filling out the edges. With my old nail polishes this turns out perfectly fine; no lumps or ridges and the polish is opaque and not transparent. With the polishes I have bought here in Canada it just leaves my nails looking like they are stained because the polish is still transparent after applying two layers. Judging by how see-through it is, I will be sitting painting my nails a hell of a long time to get it completely opaque!

Am I painting my nails the wrong way, or have I just bought the wrong polishes? If it's the latter, can anyone recommend any good brands that are opaque and not transparent?

Definately it's the nail polish! You are doing it the right way. From all the nail polishes i've tried(not OPI and Essie though, because we don't have them in Greece) i prefer Estee Lauder's, maybe you should try them. The have one called velvet Orchid it's TO-DIE-FOR...

i'm letting them breathe for a moment. Over here we're just coming out of winter so Vintage Vamp by MAC seems a bit dark for the warmer days. Going back to the light colours for summer...i love i-scream-ivory by Maybelline wet shine finish i thikn it is, or Fizz by Natio =)

By the way...does anyone find that the MAC varnishes stain...Vintage Vamp is a deep berry black colour and I was at work the other day and noticed maroon coloured lines on some of the papers I was handling and realised it was from the nail polish!! Now i have to make sure to put 1 or 2 coats of clear polish on top. Ive never had this problem with other nail polishes though...

I'm in dire need of DARK BROWN nail polish! I bought black (and that was hard to find) - but can anybody recommend a nice dark brown polish?

^essie 'lady godiva' is just a perfect dark chocolate brown color. no shimmer, just nice, glossy dark brown. i love it! essie also happens to be the nail polish brand that lasts FOREVER on me. i like to use MAC's base and topcoats as well.

none right now but all this talk about Chanel Vamp/Rouge noir and black satin makes me want to wear Christina Fitzgerald Stephanie.

ragtag said:
^essie 'lady godiva' is just a perfect dark chocolate brown color. no shimmer, just nice, glossy dark brown. i love it! essie also happens to be the nail polish brand that lasts FOREVER on me. i like to use MAC's base and topcoats as well.

FANTASTIC! I'm going to try that one. :smile: Thanks. :heart:

^you're quite welcome, Erin! :flower:

i love that polish. :D

i just got like 6 new colors yesterday - kind of went overboard. right now i have black ones on my fingernails and a layers of plum and brown on toes. am so happy that short and dark are in in terms of nail look because i hate having my nails grown out long...

can anyone tell me what colour/brand nail varnish Gemma is wearing here? I so :heart: it.

34mnl7.jpg

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"