Need Help with Newspaper Story Info needed

ZP1Chick

Reaction score
I am doing a story on the 'It' bags right now. I have March Jacobs, Fendi, Coach, Chanel. Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Balenciaga.

I am wondering if some of you great handbag gurus can help me by nameing/listing the it bags for each designer. Like under Louis Vuitton there could be the Speedy 25 and 30, Alma, etc. Under Chanel; Cambon tote, multipocket, heart link etc. and so on.

It would be greatly appreciated because I know you all know what's in and whatnot.

I try to look this stuff up on the net but all that usually comes up is 'handbags for sale' etc. fake fake fake sites. and i really hate weeding through all that crap.

Any other information about any of the seasons 'it' bags would help greatly.

Thank you,
Amber

I'm not very knowledgeable about these things, but I believe "it" bags for two of those brands would be the Fendi Spy and the reissued orginal of the Chanel 2.55.

Actually, if you take a look at the list of topics in the Handbag forum, you'll get LOTS of good ones.

you must add chloe and remove coach from that list. I also question louis vuitton and gucci -- they are popular designer bags but I can't think of a model that I would consider "it" for the season. marc jacobs is on the line, but I guess the stam has been marketed as an "it" bag.

From the article in September's W Magazine about the same topic, here's a list (in no particular order:(

Balenciaga motorcycle bags (in all styles)
Chloe Paddington, Silverado
Hermes Birkin, Kelly
Chanel 2.55 reissue
Dior Detective
Alexander Mcqueen Novak
Fendi Spy

The article also listed as previous "it" bags:
Louis Vuitton Murakami line
Marc Jacobs Stella, Sofia, Venetia
Gucci floral print line
Bottega Veneta classic woven hobo
Gucci F/W 05

I should also list the Mulberry Roxanne, Phoebe (and the Araline is looking like a hot bag right now).

I remember that article Greendrv mentioned and I think the Hermes bags were discussed as a contrast to "it" bags (as in, these are bags that are such quality that they transcend trends). in any event, I would not include classic bags like the birkin or kelly on an "it" list.

Elle, September has an issue with all of the it items for this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->