Need Sources for Images/Scans /Photos ... Free or Purchased?

Can't quite help you on a site with high-resolution pictures (I'd love to know one as well), but one piece of advice I can give you is.. start collecting magazines like there is no tomorrow!

They can be expensive (and a total b*tch to move around if you're moving), but it's worth it to slowly build up a collection of magazines which you just have for grabs. Find one or two magazines you really adore which always feature great shoots, interesting stories and just buy those two every month. Perhaps also try to have them be quite different magazines to gain some diversity, a Vogue US and Vogue UK are nice, but you get a lot more diversity if you buy the Vogue UK and let's say I-D magazine.

You could also check with bookstores/magazine shops or any place that sells magazines about what they do with the left over magazines from previous months. Here in the Netherlands they sometimes tear the front cover of and sell it for a cheaper price, maybe you can find a store who does that or who you can make a deal with. Also check with your school if they know somewhere to get cheap magazines.

And another tip might be also to check out non-fashion magazines, it might sometimes be necessary to get your inspiration from something not-fashion related and then those piles and piles of fashion magazines are somewhat useless.. (I've run into that problem.. ugh).

And if you want to be really creative go out there and shoot some pictures yourself! (that is if they don't have to be high fashion shoots, which might be a bit difficult)

Hope it is any help!

Check out the threads in the Magazine section - often people are kind enough to post up high resolution scans of images (so remember to karma them too :P)

I know there are a couple of sites which provide images of the latest catwalk shows in high res but you have to pay for them, like FirstView and Catwalking.

Definitely livejournal communities like foto-decadent, mixologies, faking fashion, or ecstasy-lover! You can get some REALLY great HQ scans... it's quite amazing.
Also, as a tip, try buying some glossy paper from Staples if you want that "straight from a magazine" effect. Although that might end up being a little bit expensive!

Magazine Scans & Celebrity Candids

I own a blog and I am always in need of high quality images of celebrities. I've noticed that a lot of blogs post pictures that are somewhat hard to come by. For instance, a blog may have a picture of a celebrity arriving at an airport. You might not be able to find this photo at a popular site w/ celebrity media such as Us Weekly (a website that you would expect to find exclusive celebrity images).

How do they get these photos? Do I need to subscribe to media websites such as WENN or Wired?

Also, I realize that it's fairly easy to get magazine scans from a magazine's website, but I came across a website that has not only the scans from the feature article, but also outtakes from the article that didn't make it to print. How would I be able to get those?

I would definitley recommend that you get accounts with image agencies such as WENN, wireimage, newscom, startraks, etc if you want to try and obtain somewhat exclusive photos. However, gossipcenter.com and justjared.com are two websites that post pictures from those sites if you're just looking for everyday airport and shopping candids, as well as event photos.

Outtakes also usually come from image agencies that are even more rare to get. Examples: contour, retna, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harrietcc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->