Nicholas Kirkwood

leyla, thanks for sharing! :heart:
The gold-winged style is honestly spectacular!!

educo,
for me they run true to size. :smile:
i dont know which store has those (post 55) in stock. maybe you could email them asking them this question. i am sure they can help :smile:

wow - his s/s really looks amazing. Will your store be carrying him Leyla?

He really is coming out at the fore of shoe design. I love the purple leather ones, so beautiful.

meg,
yup :woot: i already have them instore this season :innocent: and they are flying out!
those purple ones are crazy. basically they are like a suede croc and i think dover street market had them for customers on special order

THE PEARL SHOES! OMG! Soooo beautiful! UGH!

Love his shoes! :wub:

What are some online stores that sell Kirkwood shoes? I am cheap and want to do some price comparing. :P There's a store in Toronto that carries them, but I get ripped off because of the currency deal. :(

I thought NAP carried them but I guess not. And Leyla! I'm so jealous! I want those shoes....unfortunately, no money in my bank account for any.....

definitely my favorite emerging shoes designer. I am so glad he is finally getting the recognition he deserves. his shoes are like art work.

I have a question about sizing, if I am usually a 38.5 in other designers (length of my insole is just shy of 10"), would I fit a size 38 in Nicholas Kirkwood? :flower:

princess,
it depends on the style of shoe. usually they are very true to size. it can also depend on the length of your toes and how narrow or not your feet are.
if its a boot i would go for ur usual size, if its open toe i think you could fit into a 38 :smile:

here is a little excerpt from thenewyorktimes.com
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/11/14/fashion/20081116-pulse_6.html

he honestly is my new shoe hero! :woot:
THE British cobbler Nicholas Kirkwood admits that he could just as easily have gone into car design. Or furniture. It was while working for the milliner Philip Treacy that he decided on footwear. “He had all these ladies coming in with their girly kitten heels, and I saw the opportunity to do something different — something more aggressive,” Mr. Kirkwood said.
Good decision. In the three years since he started his line of amped-up, architectural, sky-high shoes, Mr. Kirkwood has collaborated with Chloé, Phillip Lim, Gareth Pugh and Rodarte; landed a job designing footwear for the newly revived Italian label Pollini; and garnered the adoration of influential fashion players like Anna Dello Russo of Japanese Vogue, Cecilia Dean of Visionaire, and Sarah
Rutson, the fashion director of Lane Crawford. At this fall’s Paris Fashion Week, his cantilevered platforms were so prevalent, the blogworld promptly anointed him the new Christian Louboutin.
“That’s very flattering,” he said. “But I’d rather be the first Nicholas Kirkwood.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered these NK black satin platforms (i hope they run true to size, not running large? leyla do you know?)

94326_1.jpg
94326_2.jpg

(above photos from brownsfashion.com)

Am wondering if I should also get these but in PURPLE satin.....i love that they're so unique and fashion-forward but would they look really weird at the foot? is there a modeling photo of this shoe anywhere?

aw804or2.jpg

(nicholaskirkwood website)

I'm SOOO close to buying my Kirkwoods, SOOO close!

labellavita,
those are one of the most gorgeous shoes ive ever seen! i have them in turquoise!!! had to size down half size though :unsure:
the second pair is gorgeous too! i would get them/; so far all NK i have seen on the foot (even the hardest shapes) looked great!

educo,
which ones?

I must have these!

sevennewyork.com

Attachments

• kirks.jpg
    kirks.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members