Nips And Tucks

no. I wouldn't. maybe try botox or chemical peels but not the knife. watching the pain these people go through, the damage that can be done, and anyway... i like my face - it is mine. my stomach however i dont like but still i dont think i would get at tummy tuck.... i dont like pain.

I once fell off a cliff and my face hit the cliff twice on the way down. :blink: As a result, I had to have my face reconstructed. I don't recommend surgery of any kind unless it's medically necessary. Healing is hard work.

If I ever need one, I would do it... or follow Mr. Tom Ford's routine :lol:

Surgery is scary in general, so I don't understand why people do it so lightly. I mean, nobody seems to believe in the idea of aging gracefully anymore. Look at some of those New York socialite types; it's scary the lengths they go to and then beyond in order to stay "young". Yikes. I'm in my twenties now, but maybe in thirty years I'll change my mind on the subject . Who knows. :doh:

Originally posted by Seamless+Oct 30th, 2003 - 2:05 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Seamless @ Oct 30th, 2003 - 2:05 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-tgp@Oct 30th, 2003 - 9:21 am
I have and would do it again!
What did you have done? [/b][/quote]
I have a brother in law who is a facial surgeon-he does more of what tealady had done-reconstruction after accidents and that type of thing as opposed to "plastic surgery". Anyway-I have had Botox and a minor nose job. When you don't have to pay for it and the surgeon is someone you trust completely (plus you get to recover at his house!) it makes it an easier decision.

i had it done and i would do it again....
believe it or not; some things you just cant change by doing sports :unsure:

To me, there is something so natural about going under the knife...having surgery done...

I'm afraid that within fifty years all of us will grow up looking completely different than we were made to me, all being a result of constant surgeries and fixes. Where will the natural beauty be then? Makeup was the beginning, surgery is next. :doh:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Nov 1st, 2003 - 9:30 am
i had it done and i would do it again....
What did you get done Leyla?

I have often considered having plastic surgery... Like for my breasts (I am pretty flat) and my nose (pretty big) ! The word SURGERY really scares me though. I am so afraid of all the consequences and what if the surgery doesn't go well...!?!! :cry:

Originally posted by kimkhuu@Nov 1st, 2003 - 2:18 pm
I have often considered having plastic surgery... Like for my breasts (I am pretty flat) and my nose (pretty big) ! The word SURGERY really scares me though. I am so afraid of all the consequences and what if the surgery doesn't go well...!?!! :cry:
Yes, it can go wrong and it's important to know that. My friend's sister almost died after contracting an infection following liposuction. She was in the hospital for MONTHS!

Ask a lot of questions and make sure your life depends on looking better. :flower:

It's easy to say that you wouldn't have nips and tucks when you are still young.....but wait until you start to see some real signs of aging. IMO there's nothing beautiful about baggy eyes, saggy necks etc.

I'm not sure if I would, I'm in my forties now and still look OK.....but who knows....it depends on how I age, the risks etc. As for rhinoplasty, breast augmentation/reduction etc etc, I'm all for it. If people are aware of (and accept)the risks, I don't see the problem.

my nose is done...
it really changed my life and i dont know what i would have done without the operation. its been 8 years now though so i cant imagine myself different from today.
i dont agree with people who say that we gotta live with what we were born with... life is too short and we gotta make the best of it to keep ourselves happy...
as long as i keep my PERSONA i would always do it... :blush:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Nov 1st, 2003 - 6:29 pm
i dont agree with people who say that we gotta live with what we were born with... life is too short and we gotta make the best of it to keep ourselves happy...
Totally agree :flower:

Well I will be having a breast reduction done, I've started my prep finding docs, asking questions etc

I would get my tummy done for sure. I like my face and wouldn't change anything there. But I'd love to get rid of stretch marks, My daughter calls them LOVE marks.. lol!:wink:

i'm quite comfortable in my body, & i like my face.. but then, i haven't had any babies yet! surgery will definitely be taken into consideration if i end up with a jelly tummy, or stretch marks -- i'll try exercising, body wraps, whatever it takes to get rid of them, surgery will be the last option.

Luckily I have been blessed with a beautiful face so I dont need to change anything there yet (maybe a lid lift in 20 years hehehe) But below the neck thats another story (ugh) Recently, two women at work had Lipo in the midsection and they look fab. I always say I would if I could but really deep down im a big chicken and the recovery time just wigs me out thinking of the pain (the most i've ever taken is Aleve) So I dont know....but never say never.... :unsure:

Now? No

Later in life? 40's-50's? Possibly. Although I'm completely horrified of getting a face lift and looking like those older women who are completely expressionless. Looks like somebody took some clothes pins and pinned their faces to the back of their heads :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->