Nips And Tucks

ps>>
*esthetic surgeries are said to be more or less addictive, if you do this once then you will do it again. (eg Michael J :yuk: )
*liftings etc need a 'retouch' every 12-24 months, which turns up 'addictive' as well :rolleyes:

I used to think about getting rhinoplasty done too. I eventually got over it though for several reasons. These include the fact that my nose is part of me and I shouldn't be trying to change it. To change it would be like lying about myself. Also, I don't think changing yourself to fit in a good excuse. It is true that our society is image based. The question is though, do you really want to do something like that to conform. Plus, isn't the whole point of fashion to express yourself and not conform. Furthermore, my nose represents my cultural background, and to change it would be to deny my origins. I would always be wondering whether people would still like me if I actually looked like myself. The money factor was also an issue, in that I just couldn't justify spending thousands of dollars one my personal appearance and still be a moral person. I would feel horrible just thinking about all those dying children...None of the justifications I have ever heard have been lound enough to drown out their cries.

Plastic surgery can definitely be addictive. I am so tempted to do another lipo seeing the success of my results from the last one but I decided to just wait and see if exercise will take care of it. I do plan to have eyelid surgery when I become 40 so I might have my other mini-lipo then. Plastic surgery is not as expensive it use to be and the cost can be equivalent to money we plunk down on fashion items like chanel,prada etc...

i dont think its for me the only reason i think someone should get plastic sugery is if they were in a car accident or something and there face and/or body was completely ruined and to get it fixed back so it looks alittle like it did

I agree. I would rather that it be used for someone that actually needs the surgery. As for the confidence issue, helping people and being kind to others gives me a bigger kick than getting pointless, painful and expensive surgery done. :flower:

I think its good for people who get in car accidents and need their nose worked on so they can breathe out their nostrils. I think if you need plastic surgery for social wants- your problems are alot deeper than your bone structure.

I think plastic surgery is perfectly fine if you have the right motives. There is nothing wrong if there is or you feel like something is unbalanced on your face and not in harmony with the rest of your look, its ok to fix things like that. But when someo ne does it thinking its going to changetheir lives and things are going to to be better for them or it becomes an adiction iwouldnt recommend surgery for them but maybe a re-evaluation of them selfs.

I understand what you are all saying, but the reality is "who knows it feels it". I think plastic surgery can be done for the right reasons, and it can make a person feel 100% more confident than they did. I had a breast uplift with implants 2 years ago, and i have keloids, but im happy because i felt so unsexy, and i had lost my shape due to breast feeding my children. I knew that i wasn't going to have anymore children and decided that after giving my children the best food i could give them in their early life, that i wanted the surgery for me :heart: . I did not look at magazines of women and thought that i want to look like them, therefore i want surgery,because I'm not a shallow person. My breasts were saggy and very droopy, i couldn't even stand to touch them let alone my husband. I did not see any curves when i put on fitted tops and dresses and decided i wanted to change this. I did lots of research on the internet, visits to a couple of Harley Street P.Surgeons before going ahead. I am happy with them now, and have had a few problems with them (capsular contracture)and really big scars, but the thing is i can LIVE with all these faults because i did them so i could have a more womanly shape and not because i wanted big boobs to show off. :flower:

I think its something that should be thought about DEEPLY because it is dangerous and if you arent mentally strong or counselled correctly it could be a RUDE AWAKENING for the misinformed. :ninja:

Andorastar
My daughter calls them LOVE marks.
That is such a cute comment. i call mine train tracks although they aren't that bad

PrinceOfCats - I love your attitude so much. U R Cool :heart:

Mothers with stretch marks - i think i'll never be able to get rid of the pouch that i have because of the stretch marks and the fact that my stomach was stretched to different sizes 4 times, does anyone else feel this way? :cry: :(

The possible side effects are enough to turn me off it. I think the only reason I would get work done is if I got into some sort of accident that mangled my face or body an it was the only way I could look "normal" again. I can understand why some people have extremely out of proportion features altered, but I never got those who looked perfectly fine without surgery who would go under a procedure just to shave a few years off their faces.

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 12th, 2003 - 3:04 pm
ps>>
*esthetic surgeries are said to be more or less addictive, if you do this once then you will do it again. (eg Michael J :yuk: )
that's true.
once you had one done, you think of getting more and more, until you are not the person you really are anymore.

back to the topic: nope, not for me.

Go for it, if it's really going to help, but you have to think will it?

plastic surgery is such a great thing. we're no longer confined to what genetics gave us. its like you can make your skin... couture. perfect for you.

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Jan 5th, 2004 - 2:58 am
plastic surgery is such a great thing. we're no longer confined to what genetics gave us. its like you can make your skin... couture. perfect for you.
i have never really thought about it that way :o

MissPurple - I dont agree with with what you say. I dont think if someone has surgery that, that means they will choose to have more. No offense, we all know that in the US and Brazil Plastic Surgery is the norm and if you haven't had surgery, you are one in the minority.

I think if someone is happy with what surgery they have had done already, doesn't mean they will have further surgeries, it not fair to generalise :crush:

Originally posted by OriginalGucciGirl@Jan 5th, 2004 - 8:13 pm
No offense, we all know that in the US and Brazil Plastic Surgery is the norm and if you haven't had surgery, you are one in the minority.
:huh: Do you mean among celebrities, or among the general population? I ask this because I don't understand why you would think the majority of people in the US and Brazil have had plastic surgery. Unless you have some statistics to back this up, it seems to me like you're making a massive generalization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->