Numéro 100 February 2009 : Toni Garrn by Solve Sundsbo

SEE!!! Issue no.1. Simplicity is wonderful! But you have to have a model that can emote, captivate...stop you in your tracks.

Toni is none of these things...and that is why the cover fails miserably.

But there is somewhat of a concept on Kate Moss's cover :smile:

Frankly, i think that even if it were one of the most intriguing top models of the moment (Anna S, Edita, Kamila, Katrin, jourdan, Olga, Natasha, Ymre, Lara, Eniko) or of yesteryears (Julia, Doutzen, Hilary, Lily D, Jessica, Daria) or even an icon like Gisele, Kate, Naomi etc. IMO it still would have been lackluster to some extent even if they had on their "fiercest" face. Look at the cover's design. It looks, dare i say, poorly executed (as if they even have anything to execute). There backdrop is white with black font..so basic and so dull..the design of a newspaper and yea, the text "100" is in a signifcantly bigger text as if it were a headline. Of course Toni isn't giving the most amazing stare or have a hidden allure behind her eyes, but i surely think that if there was something else added..just a little more it would be fine. With any model i think it still would have been boring..the only thing having another model of a certain prestige would have done IMO is add to the occasion..the fact that it's an anniversary issue that would have been a little more memorable simply because of the cover's subject.

I'm not a Toni Garrn fan, but a lot of this is just unnecessary attack on her behalf..and i'm just talking about the reactions as a whole. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it could have been wonderful, but she does look a little lifeless. Beautiful, but lifeless.

isnt that the problem with Toni Garrn..:unsure:.i really really like her beauty...but it doesnt translate well in her ads and covers.This cover was far more suited for a march edition.

SEE!!! Issue no.1. Simplicity is wonderful! But you have to have a model that can emote, captivate...stop you in your tracks.
exactly. her expression is SO boring - like idyll said, lifeless... i think toni does a good job when she's working with steven meisel, and that's all, nothing she's done with other photographers has impressed me...
they said they wanted to focus on the future, but seriously, toni isn't 'the future'... there's nothing special about her, she's just succeeding at the moment, with the help of mr. meisel...

^and Karl Lagerfeld and Calvin Klein. The arguements are getting weirder. Now it's wrong to have the right people to support you It's not like she hasn't done anything beside Vogue Italia. I actually think that out of the models from the last year Toni, Anna Maria and Anna Selezneva are the ones that will stay for longer.

But okay I hope the actual cover will look different because I'm not happy with it either but like Mchunu<3 said I don't think anyone else would have made this more captivating.

The cover is beautiful, but it's boring. Come on, it's Numero's 100th cover and Toni just doesn't deserve it. I expected to see Gisele or Kate because they are icons.

AGREEE :flower:
Kate or Gisele (for me Gisele)
And it's first Numero issue I will get :woot::woot:

I expected something SPECTACULAR

like Naomi+Gemma+Daria+Gisele or something like that...
But this? No

Toni is a gorgeous girl, and Numéro is generally good at putting up decent covers with gorgeous head shots, but this is so off... Toni looks a bit masculine, not her best shot... And not iconic enough to be on the 100th issue... That being said, I love the styling

Toni looks beautiful on the cover, but Toni is never gonna look anything other than beautiful....anytime. But this is so bland, boring and uninspired.
Come on Toni can do more than this, but this is just lacklustre in the extreme.....very disappointing.:(

Dull, dull, dull. Toni herself looks bored as hell, the cover could've easily been blank and it would produce the same effect. What were they thinking with this?!

And I know everyone and their mother is sick of Kate Moss but I thought it would be really cool if she was on the cover of the 100th issue (since she was on the cover of the 1st issue). It would be a nice way to round things up, come full circle etc. Unfortunately, we got...this.

I am not at all impressed with the cover or the choice of model, but whatever. Despite this, I am excited to see the magazine content. Hopefully the editorials are of 100th issue quality.

i want to forget that cover. hope editorials look like from NUMERO #100

i guess what Numero just wanted to say was that they want to move onto the future. that issue 100 is not about celebrating the past but instead to look at where they have come from and also to look ahead. and who better to represent that ideal than Toni, the hottest newcomer and the one who seem to have a very bright future ahead. and having Kate on the cover is just too expected and cliche, don't u think?

agree?

^ Agree

However, I still think to look in the future, they could have chosen someone
like Anna J, Sigrid or Katrin, these girls represent the future too, and they could have made a better impression :wink::heart:

If it was really their idea, a group shot of all these upcoming models,
shot against a white background would be perfect :flower:

^ maybe they wanted to be straight and simple? :D. Anna J is not really new since she has been around since 2005. Sigrid and Katrin are still too new and their achievements still have not reached that of Toni's.

overall i still think this is ok but i'm just really bothered by the 100 that is too big. :lol:

^ maybe they wanted to be straight and simple? :D. Anna J is not really new since she has been around since 2005. Sigrid and Katrin are still too new and their achievements still have not reached that of Toni's.

overall i still think this is ok but i'm just really bothered by the 100 that is too big. :lol:

Yup, it's okay but I still lacks a little of the oomph factor for a celebratory 100th issue.
Yup , the 100 is way too big, looks cheap in a way :lol:

so the toni rumours were true...

i'm happy that she got the cover, but this is just so.... vanilla. in the worst way possible. i'm falling asleep.

fingers crossed for some sick content.

i agree with the vanilla^_^

I just find everything off in this cover
the 100 is too big... the colors, though simple are too washed out...
the overall pose and expression of toni...
ill be the hundredth person to call this boring too

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->