Numéro #244 February 2024 by Jean-Baptiste Mondino

I’m here for AI editorials. If real people are so incapable of producing anything good these days, let the computer do it.

Why would we have to suffer through terrible models, terrible stylists, terrible photographers…if we don’t have to?

I’m here for AI putting people out of the job who suck at their job.

I’m here for AI editorials. If real people are so incapable of producing anything good these days, let the computer do it.

Why would we have to suffer through terrible models, terrible stylists, terrible photographers…if we don’t have to?

You're discounting then progression, evolution, a core component of human nature, essentially creating our existence futile - what is the point of trying to be better, existing even, if AI will replace me anyways?

You're discounting then progression, evolution, a core component of human nature, essentially creating our existence futile - what is the point of trying to be better, existing even, if AI will replace me anyways?
I see AI art differently.

No one get’s upset about a CGI movie? Or a photorealistic painting?

AI doesn’t have cynicism, irony or ego and so it creates genuinely beautiful imagery. That’s something we’ve lost from human creation, especially in the social media era. We’re all way too self conscious to be vulnerable. Everyone is so nervously obsessed with being “cool.” We’ve lost the plot.

And I don’t see why AI shouldn’t put a fire under our butts to do BETTER, then. We can do better than AI - we have a souls. But we have to tap back into that (we got a taste of that from Galliano most recently - and clearly everyone was starved for it!). Until then, I find what’s coming out of Midjourney more interesting, attractive and compelling.

Let’s all do better.

I see AI art differently.

No one get’s upset about a CGI movie? Or a photorealistic painting?

AI doesn’t have cynicism, irony or ego and so it creates genuinely beautiful imagery. That’s something we’ve lost from human creation, especially in the social media era. We’re all way too self conscious to be vulnerable. Everyone is so nervously obsessed with being “cool.” We’ve lost the plot.

And I don’t see why AI shouldn’t put a fire under our butts to do BETTER, then. We can do better than AI - we have a souls. But we have to tap back into that (we got a taste of that from Galliano most recently - and clearly everyone was starved for it!). Until then, I find what’s coming out of Midjourney more interesting, attractive and compelling.

Let’s all do better.

I get your view. I am not sure the CGI argument stands as you still have actors in CGI movies, acting with their bodies, voices, you name it. But they're real humans, with names, surnames, history, that get recognition and pay for what they do. And the CGI will only be as good really as the humans who took part in it, directed it, put the storytelling in. Here you have two artists, prompting a model using a reference from the past, still based on work done by humans. I am impressed with their portfolio, so I'm surprised they would agree to deliver this kind of work.

The extreme end of it all - we will reach a point where no one will be able to tell what's real and what's AI generated, spanning politics, news, movies, magazines, pictures, everything, and we'll be sat at home, either out of work, consuming AI-generated content or gaming the system, wondering where it all went wrong.

But we're supposed to pretend that AI isn't going to suck too, or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beatbois
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->