Numero #117 October 2010 : Constance Jablonski by Greg Kadel

Anyone know who is the models in L'effrontee, Etat d'Ame and Equinoxe?

^L'effronte is Tatiana Cotliar, Etat is Karmen Pedaru, Equinoxe is Cameron Russell

Looking at the cover, I expected a horrible ed but I quiet like this one :smile:

Tati's editorial steals the issue for me, I love the way it's shot and Tati is such a strong editorial model.

Constance Jablonski "The Kid" editorial is stunningly amazing. The look is very genius, I'm amazed. Everything about it is intriguing, it's my favorite of the editorials in the mag.

It's always a delight to see Cameron. She's a chameleon. :heart:

I really will never understand the though behind some covers of many magazines, there are cover worthy shots in almost every ed in this issue and they picked the worst possible, Heidi's ed is so intimate :crush: and Emili's is just pure luxe..gorgeous.

And the new photographes they're bringin on board are just what the magazine needed, Jeff Burton, Richard B, Nathaniel G....they should ditch Kadel :innocent:

Constances ed is just :wacko: ...whyyyy? It will just draw the attention away form the other great eds.

I really will never understand the though behind some covers of many magazines, there are cover worthy shots in almost every ed in this issue and they picked the worst possible, Heidi's ed is so intimate :crush: and Emili's is just pure luxe..gorgeous.

And the new photographes they're bringin on board are just what the magazine needed, Jeff Burton, Richard B, Nathaniel G....they should ditch Kadel :innocent:

Constances ed is just :wacko: ...whyyyy? It will just draw the attention away form the other great eds.

come on...are you serious?

come on...are you serious?

hmmm all definitions I find of ditch are:

when you ditch something or someone, you leave it behind, you stop having it in your life at all
or

ditch means to abandon, to leave and to discard
so I don't get what you mean, after all English is not my first language and it's hard to not make mistakes when u learn it by yourself.

or if you mean Kadel has been bringing outstanding work that deserves to be featured in the magazine lately then....:lol: I disagree, his work is not bad but it has been unimpressive lately.

hmmm all definitions I find of ditch are:

or

so I don't get what you mean, after all English is not my first language and it's hard to not make mistakes when u learn it by yourself.

or if you mean Kadel has been bringing outstanding work that deserves to be featured in the magazine lately then....:lol: I disagree, his work is not bad but it has been unimpressive lately.

English is not my first language too :wink:
I don't understand the negativity about Kadel's work in u're comment when u say that 'they should ditch him' . For me Kadel is the Meisel of Numéro and I really can't imagine the magazine without him... and as Franca Sozzani, Editor-in-Chief of VI, said it one day when someone ask her to stop using her fetish photographer for VI covers: 'choosing Meisel's pictures for our covers means keeping the editorial line of Vogue Italia constant, which would result difficult otherwise. Despite that, he is the only photographer who changes continuously. Sometimes you may appreciate him more, sometimes less, but I can tell you he's never boring. He's a photographer who knows how to renovate his style all the time. '
and I must admit, and it's a personal opinion, that when you talk about Kadel, the first thing that comes to mind after the Lara Stone's scandal is Numéro... it's quite long time that I follow him (her work) and I can tell u that he change continuously! Constructive criticism is absolutely necessary for advancement of ideas and the learning process and I hope that the leadership of magazines hear our different voices and analyze them well cause it's nice to say that he missed a photo shoot but from there to ask him to stop completely working with Numéro, I don't think this is the solution!

About the cover shot now: I like it a lot.... It is so refreshing when a cover is more than just a glamour shoot!

Guys, did you see how in the Solve Sundsbo ed, there are photographic mistakes??
In this picture specially,
1qyuosiqs
v0Gni.jpg

The face is retouched correctly, but the body is not, at all! You can really see it clearly in the mag.
And notice the elbow (arm on waist), there are these weird highlights... I'm guessing this is no other than the embarrassing Chromatic Aberration of the digital photography!
So I'm guessing either Solve cheapened out and used our type of cameras and lenses, or her used Lightroom to process his pictures :wink: :D

It's a geeky post in a fashion forum, but it struck me when I was looking at the pictures this morning.
I also found a completely incorrectly focused picture in Camilla Akrans; ed. Maybe it was intentional, but if it wasn't, it's embarrassing to her, and gives hope to us.

pic,Lullaby (tFS) via noirfacade

Last edited by a moderator:
'Jet Lag' HQ

Model: Heidi Mount
Photographer: Jeff Burton
Style: Maryam Malak
Hair: Tony Chavez
Make-up: Darlene Jacobs

my scans

aw, thanks! I can do more actually :wink::lol:

'Etat d'âme' HQ

Model: Karmen Pedaru