Nuxe

Does anyone know of a site or store that sells Nuxe in Australia, or ships to Aus?

I'm thinking about buying the Huile Prodigieuse, I'm just not sure whether I want the Or version or the normal.. Is the Or one very shimmery or does it just leave a glow? Also, does it spritz out the oil or do you "pour" it into you hands?

I've been using the Huile Prodigieuse for a month and love it! It leaves my skin hydrated and soft in a heartbeat. I like the scent but it tends to cover my fragrance though.

The reve de miel lip balm is probably my favorite product out there, I've been using it for a couple of years, it's the only thing that works for my lips and trust me, I've tried everything! I'm always afraid I'm going to run out so I have little pots laying all over the place and then they last forever! the huile prodigieuse is fantastic as well, I love the way it hydrates my skin and leaves it super soft and with a light glow, some people don't like the smell but I adore it, I'm trying to get my hands on a bottle they did for their 20th anniversary, but I think its only available in France:( and then the masque frais hydratant is a godsend since I travel all the time and my skin gets dry.
I had to give up some of the Nuxe items I used because they contain parabens,( the lips balm and the oil don't contain any) while the company assured me in an email that the amounts they use are not harmful I'm still not sold, I've been trying to go a more natural route with makeup and skin care and I'm not turning back, the masque does contain some but I don't use it every day so I'm not too worried, if they decide to go paraben free then I'll go back to some of their products.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do know where parabens come from? Strawberries and carrots. It is not proven in any way that ethylparaben and methylparaben are harmful at all. It's such BS. Methyl- and ethylparaben are the safest preservatives in skin care.

Otherwise I so agree about Reve de Miel, it's a life saver! My lips are so dry in the winter, it's the only thing that works

I truly love their Exfoliant Doux Aromatique aux 3 Roses - it's gentle but it does leave the skin feeling renewed.

The only product I've bought from Nuxe is the Rêve de miel lip balm! It smells extremely good and the moisture lasts for a pretty long time after the product is applied. I didn't expect it to be so thick in texture, so I use it only at night.

I wonder if the American version is different, mine only has a very faint scent to it?

I'm thinking about buying the Huile Prodigieuse, I'm just not sure whether I want the Or version or the normal.. Is the Or one very shimmery or does it just leave a glow? Also, does it spritz out the oil or do you "pour" it into you hands?

I've been using l'Huile Prodigieuse for years. I'm addicted to it and can't spend the summer without it.
I tried the Or version once and I hated it. You have to pour it in your hand before applying it and it doesn't feel as "smooth" as the normal version.

I also use Rêve de Miel only at night because it's so thick and it really doesn't make your lips look good.
The smell is really faint.

The thing I like about Reve de Miel is that it's matte. I hate shiny lip balms, my hair gets stuck on my lips :ninja:

There is no American version of Nuxe; I think people just have different levels of sensitivity to smells!

You do know where parabens come from? Strawberries and carrots. It is not proven in any way that ethylparaben and methylparaben are harmful at all. It's such BS. Methyl- and ethylparaben are the safest preservatives in skin care.

I know that nothing has been proven about parabens, but for me it's a personal choice to go a more overall natural and organic skin and makeup products, now days there are such great brands out there that I do not feel I'm sacrificing a good product for another.

There is no American version of Nuxe; I think people just have different levels of sensitivity to smells!

Yes, you're right! I have bought the oil both in the states and overseas and it's the same exact thing, I love the smell but for me it doesn't last very long, my friend says she can smell it on her skin all day.
btw does anyone here use the Huile prodigieuse on their face? I always use it on my body but never on my face and I'm curious about it.

I have a pretty high sensitivity to smells, but I guess I find the scent of Reve de Miel quite bland? I never notice it.

I can smell Huile Prodigieuse all day long (it's lovely on the face). There's no reason to be afraid of oil on your face, it can't break you out. It makes no sense, oil doesn't cause inflammation, and it doesn't clog your pores (they do that on their own :lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:
^I'm not afraid of putting oil on my face, that's actually what I moisturize with, but every oil and skin type is different, I was asking more along the lines of absorption, does it sit in your skin or does it dry quite quickly? does it leave it matte or more dewy? things like that.

A lot of people are :D

It is very thin and absorbs quickly, it leaves a slight sheen but you don't look greasy. It's so sexy on legs.

I just splurged on the Creme Merveillance Enrichie. My skin has been super dry and dehydrated lately, we'll see how this works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->