NYC Nightlife & Food

^ Yea, RoseBar is quite nice. Very low key, very cool, hip people, great spot...

I read in New York magazine that Pardo's Chicken opened up in nyc!! although it's nothing hip, it's this extremely tasty chain in south america, particularly peru... def not for vegetarians. has anyone been??

Ive never heard of it, and Im Peruvian (half). Peruvian chicken (Pollo a la brasa) is absolutely amazing...Im gonna check it out though...Yum, I like the restaurant Chimu in Brooklyn for Peruvian food...

^ http://www.pardoschicken.com/ it's the only location outside of peru and chile, it seems so strange for it to be nyc! im going to lima in august and this is the first place i am going!! when i get back to the states i know i am going to travelling from boston to nyc to eat here..... and to go shopping :smile: im craving anticuchos with a cusquena right now

Okay, last year my mum and I went to this amazing little cupcake shop. It was reallllllllly small. They sold cupcakes and chili dogs. We are going back in a few weeks, and we have been trying to find where it is for so long! Does anyone know what place I'm talking about? They had the most amazing cupcakes!

Marc, I went there and my sister and I went crazy, we were like heathans, that sh** was soooo goooooood. We moved in.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ ahh i told you!! im having such cravings right now... i know when i go to lima my stomach is going to explode from lomo saltado washed down with cusquena

Are you hispanic? I got fam in Lima, I havent been there in a minute, I should go back to the mother land. I was in Maryland last weekend and I went to my fav Peruvian restaurant, I gorged myself on lomo saltado and papa rellena...

^ indeed i am. im not peruvian tho.... my best friend is and i always make a point of visiting her pad in miraflores. it's incredibly fun down there and hopefully this august, i will finally make it to buenos aires

Whats her last name? My family has a few homes in Miraflores, Im gonna go once the shopping gets better...haha...

Buenos Aires!!! AYE!! That place is gorgeous, it's amazing. What are you, if you don mind me asking?

^ just PMed you, i feel like i've taken over this thread with talking about peru

Okay, last year my mum and I went to this amazing little cupcake shop. It was reallllllllly small. They sold cupcakes and chili dogs. We are going back in a few weeks, and we have been trying to find where it is for so long! Does anyone know what place I'm talking about? They had the most amazing cupcakes!

I don't know a place that sells cupcakes AND chili dogs. :unsure: Do you remember anything that was nearby, or in what area of the city the shop was in?

A friend mine recently opened a new lounge called Fr.Og in Soho, it's supposed to be really hot. I didnt have a chance to go to the opening as I was travelling, but you all should go check it out. He was involved w/ the now nonexistant Crobar.

Fr.Og is supposed to be a lounge? Seemed like an average restaurant with a bar to me. I mean...you can make reservations on Opentable.com

I havent been there, he pitched it to me as a lounge w/ DJs from Crobar.

I've hear it as a lounge as well from yelp.com....ps:diorling, i've so done the pastis with huge glasses thing. people stare real hard and think im lindsay lohan (not really, but wouldnt it be fun?!)

I havent been to Pastis in a minute, you know the hottest place I like to eat? Denny's...

SHT, I love it, going in couture at 5am, semi drunk, paying my 20 dollar bill w/ a black card....Ugh, the food is great...Yum Yum. Hahaha...

^there are Denny's in New York? I've never seen one...

edit...

according to Denny's website, they do not exist within the five boroughs.

There isnt. Im talking about the Dennys in MD...I love the absurdity of Dennys.

yes, denny's is great in a semi-drunk/drunk state, as is any diner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->