NYC Officials Want New 'Survivor' Pulled

This show premise definitely isn't PC ... but I think PC [political correctness] hurts us more than helps us. I'm against racism and I'm against sexism, but we have to be honest with each other about this stuff. PC isn't honest.

This show seems honest, and as far as I know, it's a fair contest. Why not? What's to be afraid of? I don't think what the KKK is gonna say should be a factor in anyone's minds. Those folks aren't rational and clearly don't need facts to back up their beliefs.

Now if I learned that the show was being cast with an eye to perpetuating stereotypes, I would feel differently.

I don't think media is the problem here ... I think there are problems that are traceable to media, but this isn't one of them ...

I believe the "problem" is within "us." I think minorities of all kinds have made great progress in the last few decades ... even women who decry feminism usually hold some feminist principles when you talk to them. I know women who admit to loving chauvinist men for their chauvinism ... I view that as far more of a problem than the guys' wrong-headed view of women.

The bottom line is, when all women stop tolerating that crap, it will dry up and disappear. Until then ... it won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->