Oily Skin, Shine Control

Shine Control Products

Does anyone know any good products that remove oil and shine from the face,but don't remove make-up? (oh and ones that I can get in the UK)

Thank you :flower:

I use Oil Control Hydrator by Clinique for men (de-shines, controls oil, and reduces the look of pores).
It's good, I don't really feel like I need it but I like to use it as a precaution.

I would recommend Pore Minimizer (T-zone Shine Control) by Clinique, which does the same thing (11 £).
It can be worn over makeup or alone.

You could take a preventative measure by using a sulfur mask which mops up excess oil. That works really well for me. I use it 2 to 3 times per week to keep it in check :smile:

Do you have clean and clear in the uk? i would highly recommend their oil absorbing sheets they work so well.

I suggest using Erno Laszlo Antioxidant Mattifying Complex under make up and MAC Blot Film for during the day touch ups (won't remove make up one bit). I have oily skin and this regimen keeps my skin matt all day :flower:

Sweets said:
Do you have clean and clear in the uk? i would highly recommend their oil absorbing sheets they work so well.

Yeah I used to use them but they don't seem to sell them overhere anymore.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Curious said:
You could take a preventative measure by using a sulfur mask which mops up excess oil. That works really well for me. I use it 2 to 3 times per week to keep it in check :smile:

Which brand do you recommend? I did a google search, but came back with so many hits that I'm not sure which one to try...

luxmode said:
Which brand do you recommend? I did a google search, but came back with so many hits that I'm not sure which one to try...

Hi Luxmode!

I use Proactiv's version. I use their whole system, but you can buy the mask separately and I think it's their most effective product IMHO. :smile:

I use La Roche Posay, Efficar, it's really matte on your skin. I have an oily skin during summer, so I have to use clarifying mask or purifying mask 2 times a week. It helps.

Lancome's Matte Finish pressed powder is another great way to prevent shine :flower:

Diamond Star said:
Does anyone know any good products that remove oil and shine from the face,but don't remove make-up? (oh and ones that I can get in the UK)

Thank you :flower:

Do you know Darphin products? It's a france products, a dermatolog that made skin product with essential oil from plants and flowers. It has several lines, choose for oily one and try a lotion which reduce excess sebum. It's really great and make your skin matte and fresh. "Fluid regulateur lotion" is very suit with my oily skin type.

I know from a friend that it sells in London too.

oily skin

i have oily skin - that gets relaly messed up in HUMID weather
all the pollution sticks to my skin and ruins it ?
what do i do ?

any ideas ?

in drier areas my skin is FINE. all clean and clear.

BUT THIS HUMID WEATHER JUST RUINS IT

Well Snow White, I have oily skin too when summer time. What I do only change my day cream/lotion. During hot weather I use effaclar from La Roche Posay, it works wonder for oily skin, the result is matt plus a bit glowing. I mix matt foundation of shiseido and sunscreen and put it on top of the effaclar. Then loose powder...., I found bobbi brown has dry texture, so works together to help oily problem. :rolleyes:

I get really oily skin

at certain points in the month.

I use Jane Iredale bare mineral powder/founation and top it off with Bare Escentuals translucent powder - if a shine does come through I always have the blue MAC blotting sheets on hand which take the shine away but not your makeup.

I use Queen Helene Mint Julep mask too which really dries up excess oil and seems to shrink my pores too.

:flower:

I have very oil skin and living in central FL isn't help neither. I'm now happy with the Shiseido mattifying moisturizer and fluid foundation. Recently start using mineral powder/foundation and like it too. And... those toilet cover sheets found in many public bathroom work great as oil blotting sheets :smile:

piglet said:
I have very oil skin and living in central FL isn't help neither. I'm now happy with the Shiseido mattifying moisturizer and fluid foundation. Recently start using mineral powder/foundation and like it too. And... those toilet cover sheets found in many public bathroom work great as oil blotting sheets :smile:

:lol::lol::lol:

Is Shiseido good for not breaking your skin out - I've heard nice things about this before - I think I'll have a read on MUA.

:flower:

I have oily skin too but I always remember what my mom says "oily skin will help you look younger when you get older". So in a way, oily skin is a blessing in disguise.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->