Oily Skin, Shine Control

Shiny Skin

Alas, I have the curse of shiny skin! I wash it numerous times a day, I use anti-shine products like Aveeno Daily Facial Scrub, Aveeno Scrubbing cloths, etc. When I have a zit (or feel one popping up) I apply a dab of pure tea tree oil and then put benzamyacin cream on top for the night (it works SOOO well, I swear!). I don't lather the oil all over my face, so I don't think that it's that that makes my face all shiny. I use those clean and clear blue plastic-y face sheets to rub off the shine around noonish daily, but it never works too well on my nose. Can anyone reccommend anything? I suppose it's also simply because I'm 17, but BLOODY HELL, a girl can only take so much :P

We have thsi product called Bonne Bell ten-o6 (or is it 10-06..can't remember..lol)..
it works wonders on my skin....it's like a toner..i apply it before bed and it really helps my oily skin (i get realy oily skin ebtweeen me eybrows) especially when i had a fringe..i broke out within days and it really helped..

if i get a massive pimple that's about to burst..i very gently squeeze it just to break the skin and i put this stuff on it..it dries out the pimple..and %85 of the time...it almost gone the next day.....it's really good for cleaning the skin too...when i went to Phlippines, i used it religiously every time i came back form the city..i highly recommend it
1533.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried not putting all that stuff on your face? Perhaps all the stuff you put on your face is an overload and causing your skin to react by producing more oil. I read somewhere that showering with too hot of water can cause more oiliness also. :o

When I'm on my period I get more oily than normal and my derm. told me to take vitamin B-12. I have also read that Vitamin B5 works wonders for oily skin as well.

^ are you referring to me?? or just in general??
Well i don't really put anything on my face except mosituriser and ten-06 when i need it..at the moment my skin is great....i've grown out my fringe so it's not as bad as it was at the start of the year.

As for the hot water theory..i'm not really sure about that..i heard that hot water us bad for you as it breaks the capilleries in your face and causes red marks around your cheeks, then i heard that how water is the best for getting rid of pimples as it open up the pores to release the dirt..so i dunno...a bit unsure on that one :unsure:

Can anyone recommend an shine control face wash please?

Hello,

Can anyone please recommend me a shine control face wash which I can use in the mornings please which works ! It would also be handy if it had some anti-bacterial bodies to avoid blemishes :cry:

I've tried the Nivea one and I still find I get quite a lot of oil produced after about 2 hours after using it. I naturally have quite a quick build up of oils in my skin/hair, so I think I need like a heavy duty one which dosen't dry the skin out if possible.

Thank you for any advice of products ! It is appreciated :flower:

TomUK said:
Hello,

Can anyone please recommend me a shine control face wash which I can use in the mornings please which works ! It would also be handy if it had some anti-bacterial bodies to avoid blemishes :cry:

I've tried the Nivea one and I still find I get quite a lot of oil produced after about 2 hours after using it. I naturally have quite a quick build up of oils in my skin/hair, so I think I need like a heavy duty one which dosen't dry the skin out if possible.

Thank you for any advice of products ! It is appreciated :flower:

All experts will hate on me for this, but: Bodyshops tea tree oil has really cleared my skin. However, use LOTS of moisturiser afterwards, tea tree oil is strong and dehydrating stuff. I've also found that using a moisturiser without matifying components hold out in the longer run, both in the sense the-whole-day and that it makes the skin less messed with. I have Shiseido now, which is great, but all brands have their provide-moisture-without-clogging-pores cream. Estee Lauder is also one I like. I dont like Biotherm, but many do.

The real trick to non-oily skin in the short perspective though is this:
Clinique Pore Minimizer anti-shine t-zone control (is more or less the name). It is freaking miracle and makes the greasiest nose turn matte within a minute (not that i recommed this type of myopic use). Buy, use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else have REALLY oily skin? I mean REALLY. The pores on my nose are huge and a few hours after washing, you can SEE beads of oil forming from them. :shock: Can anyone recommend a product to sop up that kind of oil? I hate using a lot of stuff on my face (if I didn't have zits to hide, I'd go out completely bare-faced) cos it makes my skin feel heavy. Any suggestions?

Oil-blotting sheets are a lifesaver, I agree. I use the Clean and Clear kind too.

letsgofaraway - I have skin that oily. I have tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing has worked so far.

I have only just found oil blotting sheets in a store here in the UK, but they are brand new and have been sold out for over a week, now. :(

^ MAC and Shisheido both do blotting sheets and you can find MAC in Debehams and Shisheido in John Lewis :smile:

Anyone know anything that will reduce/control oil production in the long run? I hate smearing heavy stuff all over my face that doesn't reduce the oil production (Just matte it etc.)

I have very oily skin and I would recommend to anyone in the UK trying this product. http://www.oc8.co.uk/

You can get a free sample from the website and it gives you the info on how it works. It's a bit expensive, but I find as only a small amount is needed, a tube lasts me a long time.

I use is as a base to my make-up and I find it's the best I've found so far at keeping skin matte. Of course it depends on how oily your skin is, sometimes it works all day for me other times it only a few hours.

^ I have that. It only lasts one or two hours for me and gets used up very quickly because my skin is super oily. :(

Hye Park Lover - Thanks for the info on the blotting sheets. :smile:

Can anyone recommend a bunch of things that will reduce oil production? My face always gets super oily; if I rub a piece of plain white paper on my face after I have left it alone for a few hours the paper will nearly go see-through as if I rubbed a big, fat, greasy burger all over it. :(

And the oil causes me lots of problems; gives me blackheads all over my nose, gives me acne even though I am 20 years old and the acne leaves horrible red, brown and purple blotches on my skin even though I don't touch them at all!

I tried drinking more water, but I couldn't put up with it for more than a day because I was peeing all the time. I don't eat any junk foods and I am now exercising regularly. I never wear make-up on ordinary days. I only wash my face with a mild tea tree oil face wash from the Body Shop, use toner and moisturise in the mornings. Nothing else. I have no idea what else I can do...

Best Mattifying Skin-Care

While I'm out, at school and so on, my face becomes really oily and shiny. Words cannot describe how I detest that oily,dirty feeling. I'm looking for a high-quality, mattifying facial lotion - preferrably very light - that will last long. Any recommendations?

Also, who makes the best blotting sheets?

Thankyou,
Arturo

Arturo21 said:
While I'm out, at school and so on, my face becomes really oily and shiny. Words cannot describe how I detest that oily,dirty feeling. I'm looking for a high-quality, mattifying facial lotion - preferrably very light - that will last long. Any recommendations?

Also, who makes the best blotting sheets?

Thankyou,
Arturo

I highly recommend La Mer's Oil Absorbing Lotion. It almost works too well. I cannot use it more than a couple days in a row because my skin gets dry.

As for oil absorbing sheets, I use Clean & Clear - they're wonderful (and cheap!)!

has anybody ever used cosmedicine's mattifying lotion? i was at sephora and the lady reccomended it to me and gave me a little sample. It was only enough for 2 days or so and it definitely made my face matte in the beginning, but after a few hours it was shiny again. but i was wondering if anybody else had it and uses it everday? is there anything less expensive than that la mer lotion ^ that works just as well?

Hipkitten said:
I highly recommend La Mer's Oil Absorbing Lotion. It almost works too well. I cannot use it more than a couple days in a row because my skin gets dry.

As for oil absorbing sheets, I use Clean & Clear - they're wonderful (and cheap!)!
This La Mer thing sounds like just the product I need. :smile: Do you know where it is available in Canada?

At the moment I am using Biore oil absorbing sheets, but they are a bit rough and they have powder on them so it can clog your pores. I was using Clinique in England, but it is very expensive and I haven't seen their oil absorbing sheets anywhere. As for Clean & Clear; I have been searching for that everywhere and cannot find it. I've looked in Zellers, Loblaws and several Shopper's Drug Marts. Is it just not available in Canada? I have also seen a bunch of oil absorbing sheets in the Body Shop, but the ones I saw also come with powder on, so I'm not sure if it is a good idea to buy those.

What are the Clean & Clear sheets like? Are they soft and floppy or are they like rough pieces of thin paper? The Clinique sheets were very soft and floppy and I could wipe my face without irritating the skin, but the Biore ones are quite rough (and I guess the powder doesn't help, either).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->