Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2011

:wub:

I am impressed with how ODLR can incorporate multi-generational dressing in one collection. No strong theme here other than pretty clothes, but everything still flowed together smoothly. I doubt if too many people would characterize the ODLR girl / woman as edgy but she would still command your attention in a room.

I like the gowns but I think that a few of them were too stiff and very Easter for a collection labeled Pre-Fall - although the intent of this endeavor seems to be an overblown trunk show for awards season red carpet and wedding planning wear and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I did not like the frippery shoes, but I can actually see them on the red carpet and if paired with the right ensemble they are one of the few ODLR items that I would consider as edgy. Good styling, staging and casting, particularly commendable since much of the A-List was in Paris.

Typical ODLR , looks like another tea bag for tea parties :doh:
the colors are just atrocious, and the young models wearing them does not help. I think its too granny wear for me

Gorgeous. While I agree that he does tend to get a bit repetitive, I think he is pleasing his customers and his customers are not the type of women who wear crap like Balmain. So, he always does a great job of creating classy and sophisticated dresses.

honestly, i love it. his customers will love it. Blair Waldorf will buy up the dresses!

it's slightly fussy, but chic in the typical Upper East Side way.

The leather pieces are quite delicious...I could do without the rest

seen it all before oscar

really? what collection would one find THESE pants? seriously.

oscar-pf-2011-0037_111356727535.jpg

vogue.com

yeah, the entire look is something that is not very OdlR. but it works and looks good! it'd be weird tho to see a WHOLE collection like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->