Prepy
indie hipster look

YES! Yes:
Mini skirts
Ruffles
Pleats
Green
Pink

I would really, really love to see skinny, special-effect bluejeans hit the dumpster, now! Especially the ones with the blatant fake-fade down the thighs or the applied Ultrasuede waistbands and "lacing" on the legs.

I wish GAP would just go out of business. I am khaki-ed out. Blergh. :neutral: Bore me to death! You could fall asleep walking down the streets here in Kansas City.

On the same note, French Blue button-down shirts should be banished to the deeper circles of Dantean Hell.

High-heels and bluejeans or casual pants also need to hit the bin, pronto. How Dolly Parton is that?

Capris--if they come back *again* this spring, I will be sick. They don't suit most people and they're just so...done.

Oh no!!!
Don't take the high-heels away....
I think a lot of use here would be quite upset :smile:

jeans and heels will always look sexy to me, and normal women usually go for this look with a nice top of course. i don't even know who dolly parton is :lol:

i would like the "it" this and "it" that to go away :lol: but i guess no chance of that happening.

:lol: After spending so much time this mronign grumping about fashions that bug me, I forgot to feature my little wish list!

What I would so dearly love to see is shapely women's suits, like from the 1940s and 1950s (pre- and post-New Look)

Also (duh!) hats to be worn more on the streets, except for seed-caps/trucker hats. Those may be smelted down and turned back into soda bottles, thank you!

Originally posted by As You Like It@Jan 20th, 2004 - 11:12 pm
Also (duh!) hats to be worn more on the streets, except for seed-caps/trucker hats. Those may be smelted down and turned back into soda bottles, thank you!
Now that's constructive recycling.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri+Jan 20th, 2004 - 6:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strawberry daiquiri @ Jan 20th, 2004 - 6:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-As You Like It@Jan 20th, 2004 - 11:12 pm
Now that's constructive recycling. [/b][/quote]
:P

I agree about the dressing down part. It has got to go. America was getting so casual. Thank goodness it was a phase. I hated it b/c I am a girl through and through, and all i pretty much want to wear are high heeled sandals, pumps, skirts and blouses. People started actin weird like I was dressing up and it was annoying!
I can't stand the Juicy thing. I hope they get a new thing before ppl start ditching them.

yes to:

+peep toe shoes
+flirty skirts
+bags and accessories that suit your personal style (not particularly designer, either. don't wear a fedora or buy a LV bag b/c it's in, but b/c it's YOU!)

quote:
+ I want to go to school just once without being asked "Aww, you look so pretty. Why are you dressed up?". I dress like this everyday, you idiot.

+ I want to see girls looking like girls again. Frills, bows, delicate clothing...
+ Elegance everywhere

OH MY GOODNESS! HONEY, I hadn't finished reading all of the posts when I wrote all that above. But I am glad that I am not alone in this! Somebody knows what I'm talkin' about!

Originally posted by Honey@Jan 19th, 2004 - 10:49 pm

+ I want to go to school just once without being asked "Aww, you look so pretty. Why are you dressed up?". I dress like this everyday, you idiot.
I understand you, I'm in my mid-late teens and I'm so sick of people saying "Oh, I thought you were older than that?" Why is that??? Is it because I don't listen to Christina or Britney, adore the Hilton twins, show my midriff and butt-crack with tremendously low-riders, or dress like a tacky hyper-colour mess the 80s threw up??? :angry: Oh well, it does have its advantages. :wink:

+ This isn't exactly clothing, but when will people stop having fake tans, and big chunks of blonde highlights in their hair... We are talking an inch or more in width :doh:
Argh! I hate OTT highlights/streaks too! :sick: Lots of people at my school go for the 'home job' approach - looks so fake. :cry:

It's almost as if you don't dress like a clone or very casual you are dismissed as an overly-dressed pretentious snob. I've even had people say to me "You know, I thought you would be a bit of a snob when I first saw you, but your actually really nice and funny". :wacko: :doh:

**** off:
Uggs (where I am, they aren't going away :cry: )
shoes with ugly chunky heels (some shoes may meet my approval)
flared pants, duh.. i tried telling you to go away last year... didn't work :(
bra tops
"J'adore Dior"
Monogram anything (especially when you see guys wearing monogrammed hats lol)
French manicured toenails

Welcome:
pointyish shoes for men
sexy floral print
tasteful fishnets
nicer low-rise jeans for men
straight-leg pants
messy jumbled looking jewlery
patchwork

I wore a Goodyear trucker hat two years ago once when I was bored, and ppl thought I was all weird and stuff. Now everyone does!! Sickening...

Whenever I see a Von Dutch hat, I always laugh inside at how they actually paid $50+ for a stupid cheap hat! My goodyear one was free, baby.

Let's hope that goes soon...

Oh, another thing I hope gets more and more attention is funky-coloured hosiery over nice heels. I know its not new, but i want it to get bigger. I've seen this done even with fishnets on top of it, and was surprised at how the girl pulled it off so well.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Jan 20th, 2004 - 7:44 am
I wish GAP would just go out of business.
I agree. I hate almost all their stuff... However, their "1969" pants that I bought are AMAZING. Strangely one of the best-fitting pairs of pants I've ever worn.

I think there is a time to dress up and a time to dress casual...I think if you are going to the grocery store Juicy is fine. I hate to see women overly dressed in heels walking around in Walmart. If I am going to be running around all day shopping I prefer to be casual...when I go out to dinner or a club I dress up.

UGG GETS LEGS: Fashion followers who have rabidly been searching for a pair of this winter’s de rigueur boot will soon have something else to get excited about — Ugg is launching handbags this fall. Deckers Outdoor Corp., Ugg’s parent, signed a license deal with Springfield, N.J.-based handbags firm Jacobs and Leslie Hsu Designs LLC. Information on design and pricing haven’t been made available, but the bags are expected to be made of the same sheepskin and fleece materials as the boots. The handbags will launch to the trade at the World Shoe Association show in Las Vegas next month.

Designer Leslie Hsu makes handbags under her own name, which retail for $250 to $900 and have been sold at Takashimaya, Henri Bendel and Stanley Korshak and Verve in the past.

:shock: i can see the knock offs already being shipped

When I read the headline UGGS GET LEGS I thought, oh no, they're making high-heeled Uggs! :sick: :sick: :sick:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jan 19th, 2004 - 10:27 pm
YES! Yes:
Mini skirts
Ruffles
Pleats
Green
Pink
:clap:
I'd also like to add polka dots, cute flats, stockings and tons of vintage to the list! What a wonderful place the world would be... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->