Trends You Are Sick Of #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike413

barcode
Reaction score
What trends are you absolutely sick of and just want to end?

Personaly, the whole vintage thing is really wearing thin. It's been cool to incorporate old with new, but lately it seems like almost every designer is finding some inspiration from a past decade.

Another I'm getting sick of is the whole ladylike thing. I don't know why, but it's really starting to get boring for me.

I agree about all things retro and vintage. I wish more designers were looking to the future and being inspired by their own visions of what will come rather than the outmoded and outdated visions of their predecessors. Time to move on and move forward, please! Junya Watanabe for f/w 04 is a great example of this.

Ladylike is also so boring! :yuk: Every fall/winter season for as long as I can remember has been about "a return to ladylike dressing." Can we please get over this? And it's always the same cliches: tweed pencil skirts, top-handle bags, fur collars, etc.

Girls at the mall decked out in a denim mini, flip-flops, a Vuitton multicolore pouchette, and a Von Dutch hat. Yuck!

ponchos, LV (murakami) or any other such knockoffs, a lot of what Jessica Simpson wears...

haha...i'm with you misako...

add EVERYTHING jessica simpson wears to my list...

Girls decked out in Sevens and/or minis, Uggs, Juicy/C&C top and of course, the ubiquitous LV bag.

Is this some uniform now?

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 8 2004, 01:11 AM
add EVERYTHING jessica simpson wears to my list...
[snapback]324599[/snapback]​
Even good old underwear and the like?

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Aug 7 2004, 07:14 PM
Even good old underwear and the like?
[snapback]324606[/snapback]​

abso-toot-ly...i'm sure she wears g-strings or nothing at all...
no thank you... :lol:

i already went through that phase years ago...hahaha...now i just wear really expensive/comfortable stuff...

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 7 2004, 01:15 PM
I agree about all things retro and vintage. I wish more designers were looking to the future and being inspired by their own visions of what will come rather than the outmoded and outdated visions of their predecessors. Time to move on and move forward, please! Junya Watanabe for f/w 04 is a great example of this.

Ladylike is also so boring! :yuk: Every fall/winter season for as long as I can remember has been about "a return to ladylike dressing." Can we please get over this? And it's always the same cliches: tweed pencil skirts, top-handle bags, fur collars, etc.
[snapback]324434[/snapback]​

Here here. An example of trends going OVERBOARD! :yuk:

Im sick of ponchos, everyone seems to be wearing one these days. Same goes for shawls...all the teeny boppers are wearing them because of Jessica Simpson.
Im also sick of Juicy couture.

I'm tired of skimpy, tight clothing made of that TERRIBLE plastic stretchy material. Leave the club clothes for the CLUB!

I forgot one in my original post and Chickonspeed reminded me, I am sick to death of tweed!!!! My god, it seems like everyone's using tweed for the last few years and I'm just tired of it already, can we move on to another choice fabric?

I agree, leave the vintage alone. At first I was the only one in my town scouring vintage shops now everyone is walking around in their wanna-be vintage things driving me insane. Now I think I'll have to dress like a Star Trek character to be different. I don't like UGGS, ponchos, and yes like softgrey and Misako, everything Jessica Simpson wears, Vuitton, monograms, jelly bags (*wails* they just won't go away!), ruffled mini skirts... I think I should stop now :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->